The How-To Geek Forums Have Migrated to Discourse

How-To Geek Forums / Windows Vista

What is DocProc

(6 posts)
  • Started 5 years ago by hurtingbad
  • Latest reply from whs
  • Topic Viewed 18320 times

hurtingbad

I had to do a sysrem recovery and I had to reinstall my HP F380 All in one printer,scanner and copier from a disk that I have.Now when i try to scan a box comes up saying insert disk for DocProc.i don't have a disk for docProc and the message never came up before I reinstalled.what is docProc?and why am I getting the message now,when it never came up before reinstall? thanks

Posted 5 years ago

whs
whs

DocProc.exe are the drivers for your HP PSC printer/scanner/copier. But if the printer only coughs for scanning, you can also use the Vista PAINT program to scan. In PAINT, go to FILE > Form Scanner or Camera. That gets you to the scanning wizard.

Posted 5 years ago

hurtingbad

Thank you very much.Hp told me to fix the problem of DocProc comong up I have to do a level 3 uninstall,then reinstall using the installation from their website.does that sound right?

Posted 5 years ago

whs
whs

I guess they just want you to reinstall the driver - after you uninstalled the old one you have. That is more or less standard procedure. But as I said, if everything else works OK (except scanning), you can always use PAINT for that. That will save you the reinstallation trouble.

Posted 5 years ago

hurtingbad

Thank you very much.I think i will use paint.I did not know you could do that.It is nice to get knowledge from someone who knows what they are doing.

Posted 5 years ago

whs
whs

No problem. Any time.

Posted 5 years ago

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.