How-To Geek Forums / Windows 7

What happened to mini mode WMP in Win7

(6 posts)
  • Started 4 years ago by clcamp0331
  • Latest reply from clcamp0331
  • Topic Viewed 1764 times

clcamp0331
clcamp0331

What happened to the mini mode to the taskbar for Windows Media Player that was in Windows Vista but not in Windows 7, bummer. Thought that was a nice little feature while working on other windows. Is there a way to restore or re-enable it? Any thoughts would be appreciated, even from the How To Geek themselves.

Chris

Posted 4 years ago

raphoenix
raphoenix

DISCUSSION
http://social.answers.microsof.....1aaa173599

Posted 4 years ago

raphoenix
raphoenix

Above Post is INCORRECT.
---
1. Right Click Media Player Icon on Task Bar.
2. Choose Play All Music Option and Left Click.
3. Minimize Window Which Opens Up.
$. Hover Cursor Over Media Player Icon on Task Bar.
5. Small Mini Media Player Will Pop-up.
---
Sorry for any confusion caused by my above post.
---
Regards,
Rick P.

Posted 4 years ago

clcamp0331
clcamp0331

Thanks raphoenix for the suggestion, I am aware of this feature, unfortunitly when you move the cursor to other windows you lose the small picture. I was looking for something like an enable feature like the one to re-enable quick launch in windows 7. I have tried the take owner feature and downgrading to windows media player 11, but windows 7 will not let that happen either. Thanks again anyway.

Chris

Posted 4 years ago

raphoenix
raphoenix

Chris,
---
Thank You.
---
I know what you are looking for so I posted the 1st posting above because others miss the older feature too.
---
Just to be sure I didn't confuse anyone, I went a head and addressed the small pop-up control for those who might not be familiar with the revised new mini-popup media player control as it is now in a 2nd posting.
---
I liked the older Mini Media Player better also just like you did. :) :)
---
Best Regards,
Rick P.

Posted 4 years ago

clcamp0331
clcamp0331

raphoenix,

I have been reading a lot of post on this subject and we are not alone, everyone that has been using windows 7 is hoping that microsoft will add this feature back when the first SP1 comes out for 7, but they should probably breath instead of holding there breath.

:) thanks again

Posted 4 years ago

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.