The How-To Geek Forums Have Migrated to Discourse

How-To Geek Forums / Build Your Own PC

What Graphics Card should i get?

(3 posts)
  • Started 5 years ago by Brazilianboiii
  • Latest reply from Brazilianboiii
  • Topic Viewed 944 times

Brazilianboiii

I just want to know what graphics card i should get if you want to run games at a resolution of 1440x900 or perhaps something a little less. I don't want to spend too much $300[US] at the max i would say. Something that would run "Call of Duty 4" or something like "FEAR 2:Project Origin--http://www.projectorigincommunity.com/agegate".

Posted 5 years ago

SSSammy

suggestions:
$300 range: Radeon HD 4870 1gb mem or Nvidia GTX 260 core 216
$250 range: Radeon HD 4870 512mb mem or Nvidia GTX 260
$200 range: Radeon HD 4850 1gb or Nvidia 9800 gtx+

all good cards, more money means a better card. the radeon and nvidia in each range is pretty much equal to each other. they both outperform each other in different games, and not by much, a few frames here and there. It comes down really to what company you like more. however as i have mentioned in other posts if you plan to sli/crossfire(adding another of same card to double the power) in the future, you're better off with a nvidia.

if you're looking to save money, stick with the $200 range, a 4850 or 9800 gtx+ should be able to play call of duty 4 at max settings on your resolution no problem.

Posted 5 years ago

Brazilianboiii

wow great suggestions SSSammy thanks alot. if the $200 one puts me to max for Cod4--it will put me to max on any other game.

Posted 5 years ago

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.