The How-To Geek Forums Have Migrated to Discourse

How-To Geek Forums / Geek Stuff

What do you install first......

(7 posts)
  • Started 6 years ago by ThornyCrown
  • Latest reply from jack7h3r1pp3r
  • Topic Viewed 965 times

ThornyCrown

Hi everyone, this is my first thread with you guys and just wanted to start out saying hi to whoever readds this.
Now down to the point.
What I am interested to know is, What are the first 10 programs you install when you do a fresh install?
Here is my list
1. Anti-Virus/Security Suite - Usually PCTools Spyware Doctor with Anti-Virus or PCTools ISS
2. Microsoft Office
3. VistaCodec multimedia Codec Packages
4. Daemon Tools
5. WinRAR
6. TeamSpeak & Ventrillo (I am addicted to World Of Warcraft)
7. Auslogics BoostSpeed
8. HD Tune
9. CPU Z
10. uTorrent

Thorn

Posted 6 years ago

jack7h3r1pp3r
jack7h3r1pp3r

drivers you may need to install your drivers unless thats kind of a given for you easy thing to forget though

and the list looks good id say just insall what you use the most and what you need try to keep you program list down but for now it looks good

Posted 6 years ago

whs
whs

Antivirus is always #1. For the rest it depends what you do. I have none of yours except Office 2007. But I have a lot of others - about 25 - 35.

Posted 6 years ago

ThornyCrown

Yeah drivers are a given. I always install all relevant drivers & updates before I install software.

Thorn

Posted 6 years ago

jack7h3r1pp3r
jack7h3r1pp3r

utorrent and daemon tools they go hand in hand and wow is the devil my brother is addicted too at least he has his own pc and doesn't have to use mine

Posted 6 years ago

ThornyCrown

Is your bro on the Terenas realm?

Thorn

Posted 6 years ago

jack7h3r1pp3r
jack7h3r1pp3r

i don't know i don't play or know anything about the game really so sry on that one

Posted 6 years ago

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.