SEARCH

The How-To Geek Forums Have Migrated to Discourse

How-To Geek Forums / Windows 7

(Solved) - Went from Vista (32bit) to Win7 (64bit). Driver help needed...

(5 posts)
  • Started 4 years ago by caseyrblount
  • Latest reply from ProstheticHead
  • Topic Viewed 612 times

caseyrblount

I have a Sony VGN-FZ260E. Now that I've gone from Vista (32bit) to Win7 (64bit), how do I find the 64bit drivers that I need to get the most out of my sys? Anything else I need to keep an eye out for (surprises from going from 32bit to 64bit)?
I appreciate any good info you might have!
Casey

Posted 4 years ago

LH
LH

caseyrblount welcome. You should have checked beforehand that the drivers are available.
Search your computer manufacturers, the device manufacturers, and the software manufactures sites for drivers.

Posted 4 years ago

ProstheticHead
ProstheticHead

Many Vista 64bit drivers will work with Win7 so you should be able to use those.

Posted 4 years ago

caseyrblount

LH,
"You should have checked beforehand that the drivers are available."
--Thanks for the slightly admonishing and wonderfully vague answer! I also should have bought stock of Apple in 2003, bet on "Mine That Bird" in this year's Kentucky Derby, and skipped that breakfast burrito this morning. Such is life.--

ProstheticHead,
Thanks, this is a much better answer. Are you aware of a good internet source or repository that I could dig through? Everything's working fine--I don't need new drivers to fix any issues--this is more of a house cleaning sort of thing.
Thanks!!!
Casey

Posted 4 years ago

ProstheticHead
ProstheticHead

Well, the Sony Download page has some, but my best guess is these are 32bit drivers, therefore not useful to you.

If you use something like Belarc Advisor to determine the manufacturer of your chipset etc you should be able to download drivers directly form their respective websites.

Posted 4 years ago

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.

Get Free Articles in Your Inbox!

Join 134,000 newsletter readers

Email:

Go check your email!