How-To Geek Forums / Site Suggestions

Welcome to our new Moderator

(36 posts)
  • Started 5 years ago by Lighthouse
  • Latest reply from Aleeve
  • Topic Viewed 3886 times

SarahJames
SarahJames

@ drifta - when people are surprised at the choices I make or the things I do, I often reply 'I'm not all that female'. I guess this is one of those times again LOL.
(and I'm good at parking my car too)

Posted 5 years ago

Lighthouse
Lighthouse

drifta. Good point. Should Sarah be in the Guinness Book of Records for being the first female moderator? Or are there more out there?

Posted 5 years ago

whs
whs

I have seen other fora with female moderators. I think we missed the entry. But I have not seen many women that know how to park their car. Maybe we try it on this basis.

Posted 5 years ago

SarahJames
SarahJames

LOL - actually we had a contest in Holland a couple of weeks ago for women to park their car. I didn't like the price so didn't bother to enter:)

And I'm also a mod (but very very recently too and we haven't opened the forum yet, because my friend wanted to wait till my move was all completed) on another forum, but a geek forum? They may be few;-D
So, yes - I was honoured when asked!

@ Scott - seen your email, will reply soon (just keep stuck adding posts here!)
(and I should be packing, not computering ...)

Posted 5 years ago

Lighthouse
Lighthouse

Sarah. Take your time. We know you are busy. No need to learn everything in the first 2 days :)

Posted 5 years ago

drifta
drifta

@sarah, haha- my mum still hasnt got her licence here in australia, she failed the test 5 times LOL
she has spent over $3,000 on lessons, the other day i saw this azn lady drive into a 1987 ford and than she was trying to run away or something and she reversed into a 4WD of some sort

I better get to bed now or i wont be able to wake up for school 2morrow

Posted 5 years ago

nerdnan
nerdnan

wow!! sarah,congratulations girl,well done,and thanks for helping us less nerd people ha ha.

Posted 5 years ago

SarahJames
SarahJames

Thanks, Nerdnan:)

Posted 5 years ago

ScottW
ScottW

Sarah, congratulations! I remember when you came to us full of questions, but eager to learn. Now the student has become a moderator. I'm so proud! :-)

Guys, we need to stay alert for these women trying to take over. Already we are outnumbered and I suspect they are just waiting to launch a coup d'etat!

Posted 5 years ago

Lighthouse
Lighthouse

ScottW. Don't you know that women already rule the world ?

Posted 5 years ago

SarahJames
SarahJames

Gotta love Lighthouse:)

Posted 5 years ago

nerdnan
nerdnan

well in australia,it seems more baby girls are being born these days,so look out guys ...

Posted 5 years ago

InDiSent
InDiSent

Congrats Sarah

Posted 5 years ago

Aleeve
Aleeve

Yeah congrats too Sarah!

Finally Lighthouse's shopping bill can go down by about 70% - I've heard coffee is expensive in France

(well, that is not stictly true...)

Posted 5 years ago

SarahJames
SarahJames

Thanks InDiSent & Aleeve:)

@ Aleeve - LH needs to hang on to the coffee a little longer. I'm in the middle of a move and it will be a couple of weeks before I get the time to take a serious look. Just hanging around a bit (in between all the odd jobs that come with moving) for the time being.

The weather is wonderful here today - hope it is great for all of you too!
Have a nice day,

Sarah.

Posted 5 years ago

Aleeve
Aleeve

Oh ok fair enough - LH you seen that?

The weather is APPALLING here
It is the middle of August and it feels like November :(
(UK)

Posted 5 years ago

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.

Enter Your Email Here to Get Access for Free:

Go check your email!