The How-To Geek Forums Have Migrated to Discourse

How-To Geek Forums / Windows 7

(Solved) - Weird right click problem

(11 posts)
  • Started 4 years ago by lanhikari2000x
  • Latest reply from lanhikari2000x
  • Topic Viewed 624 times

lanhikari2000x

When I try to right click, the computer doesn't register it until I release the button, making doing anything that requires holding the right button inpossible.

--((Actually, I just tested it with MouseKeys, and it seems that it's just not registering MouseDown with the right button at all.))

I've tested with multiple mice (USB and PS/2, wired and wireless, and with MouseKeys as I said above), and they all have the same problem.

I'm using Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit, and my primary mouse is a Logitech MX Revolution, but like I said, I'm having the problem no matter what mouse I try.

Posted 4 years ago

LH

lanhikari2000x hi. Not the answer I think, but have you tried to set the speed ?

Posted 4 years ago

germ-x

have you tried Logitech site for any updates for Win7?

Posted 4 years ago

lanhikari2000x

Pointer speed and double click speed, you mean?

Ok, tried it. No difference.

Logitech: Yeah, I checked. Didn't help. And non-Logitech mice have the same problem.

Posted 4 years ago

LH

It's a new problem on me. Did it start after any recent updates, or installations ?

Posted 4 years ago

lanhikari2000x

It started when I upgraded to Win7. At least, that's the only thing I can think of. I didn't have anything I was doing that really used the right button until a while after I upgraded. It worked just fine when I was running Vista and XP (Dual-boot. Same machine as I'm using now.)

Posted 4 years ago

LH

We are seeing a few problems after those upgrades. I think MS need to pull their fingers out ! Sorry I can't be more helpful at the moment :(

Posted 4 years ago

germ-x

See if this will work, from your desktop CTRL+SHIFT+F10.

Posted 4 years ago

lanhikari2000x

GAh. MS...

Ok, last shot then. Is there a chance that it's something that got messed up in the registry, and if so, any idea where exactly it would be?

CTRL+SHIFT+F10 : Brings up the right-click context menu if I press it, flashes the menu rapidly if I hold it. Still doesn't help. Good try though. If that's supposed to do what I think it is, it probably would have worked.

Posted 4 years ago

germ-x

Can you log on as another user, if so does the rt click work?

Posted 4 years ago

lanhikari2000x

Yes it does. Thank you for having me check that, it helped me figure it out. VistaSwitcher was the problem. It's rightclick+scrollwheel function was hijacking my rightclick.

Posted 4 years ago

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.