The How-To Geek Forums Have Migrated to Discourse

How-To Geek Forums / Windows 7

Weird problem with Documents Folder

(5 posts)
  • Started 1 year ago by zephyr1034
  • Latest reply from scorpion99
  • Topic Viewed 267 times

zephyr1034

This happened out of a clear blue sky. Like most people, I have folders in the Documents Library. When I go to Documents from the start menu, the files have been ripped out of their folders and listed individually-all 2,501 of them. The folders are not there at all.

I did a search and found I can get to My Documents as it should be by going C-Users-Owner-My Documents. But that's a pain every time I want to get into My Documents. Is this something that i"ll have to live with for the rest of my life? (or my computer's life?)

Posted 1 year ago

Ruja

This is really strange, and I don't know what to suggest other than doing a System Restore. If that does not help we will think of other solutions.

To perform a System Restore and go back to a previous state of your computer, follow these steps: http://windows.microsoft.com/e.....em-restore

Posted 1 year ago

marks100
marks100

try a sfc/ scannow from comand box first
SFC /SCANNOW - click start > in the search box type cmd at the top of the start menu r/click on the command icon from the context menu select 'run as administrator' in the command box type sfc /scannow then hit enter note the space between c / then post back the result.

mark.

Posted 1 year ago

SarahJames
SarahJames

Sometimes things don't catch on right.
Could you try the following (I hope this also works in 7, I'm on Vista myself):
go to the startmenuorb and rightclick > properties > under the tab Start Menu > Start Menu > Customize > Documents > Display as link.

If Display as a menu is ticked tick something else > ok > reboot by shutting down the computer, waiting at least 10 seconds and then booting it.

If it doesn't catch on use Display as link, reboot and then use Display as a menu.

Posted 1 year ago

scorpion99
scorpion99

I suggest you to create a new user in your Windows.
Login with the new user than copy all the files from the old user to the new one.

Posted 1 year ago

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.

Get Free Articles in Your Inbox!

Join 134,000 newsletter readers

Email:

Go check your email!