The How-To Geek Forums Have Migrated to Discourse

How-To Geek Forums / Windows 7

weird error and white box on desktop

(11 posts)
  • Started 1 year ago by shirkay
  • Latest reply from shirkay
  • Topic Viewed 566 times

shirkay

Hi I need some help with my computer. I am getting an error that says: "an application error has occurred... Error: unable to get value of the property 'length': object is null or undefined. Page: file:///C:Program%20Files%20(x86)/Dell/DellComms/gs_agent/common/widgets/ss_wdg_glossary.js Line 126"
Along with this there is a white box in the middle of my desktop at all times and pops up occasionally into whatever I am doing on the computer.
In general my computer has not been doing so well... its slow and freezes and this starting around the same time as the white box appeared. So I am wondering if they are connected.

I will be glad for any insight on this problem and how to fix it!
Thank you :)

Posted 1 year ago

warlock
warlock

More information will probably help you get an answer.

Computer make and model
Browser you are using
Any recently installed programs or updates
Anti virus product you use if any
Anything you have already tried to solve your problem
How long ago problems started

Posted 1 year ago

shirkay

Dell Inspiron M5030 Windows 7
Now Internet Explorer constantly crashes, and on Chrome many times the writing is all bunched up and impossible to read.
Not sure about installed programs or updates...
Anti Virus- Webroot - says no threats
I tried installing an anti-malware program. It found and erased several things but that didn't seem to help as the computer seems to be getting worse..
I've been looking through the internet for answers and haven't really found any...
The problem started about a week ago

Posted 1 year ago

GuiltySpark
GuiltySpark

What anti-malware prog did you use ?

And what did it say it removed ?

Posted 1 year ago

shirkay

something called P2P... a bunch of them... it said it was a trojan something. I don't really remember :/

Posted 1 year ago

shirkay

oh and "Malwarebyt's anti malware"

Posted 1 year ago

GuiltySpark
GuiltySpark

Try running the Free version of this : http://superantispyware.com/

Do a Full scan and report back with what it finds.

Posted 1 year ago

shirkay

it found 30 tracking cookies

Posted 1 year ago

shirkay

Application Version : 5.6.1014

Core Rules Database Version : 9667
Trace Rules Database Version: 7479

Scan type : Quick Scan
Total Scan Time : 00:50:35

Operating System Information
Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit, Service Pack 1 (Build 6.01.7601)
UAC On - Limited User

Memory items scanned : 558
Memory threats detected : 0
Registry items scanned : 60601
Registry threats detected : 0
File items scanned : 11247
File threats detected : 30

Adware.Tracking Cookie
C:\Users\owner\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Cookies\W8G75UBO.txt [ /atdmt.com ]
C:\Users\owner\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Cookies\Y5Z5BG1H.txt [ /c.atdmt.com ]
C:\Users\owner\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Cookies\3XTYFTN7.txt [ /doubleclick.net ]
C:\USERS\OWNER\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Cookies\Low\RCS5SF7T.txt [ Cookie:owner@advertising.com/ ]
C:\USERS\OWNER\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Cookies\Low\PYS7MNYB.txt [ Cookie:owner@toplist.eu/ ]
C:\USERS\OWNER\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Cookies\Low\8OHLHAKS.txt [ Cookie:owner@bs.serving-sys.com/ ]
C:\USERS\OWNER\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Cookies\Low\Q9W7D3LL.txt [ Cookie:owner@kontera.com/ ]
C:\USERS\OWNER\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Cookies\Low\FRXY4SHZ.txt [ Cookie:owner@7.rotator.wigetmedia.com/ ]
C:\USERS\OWNER\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Cookies\Low\QHTQ3YSI.txt [ Cookie:owner@tribalfusion.com/ ]
C:\USERS\OWNER\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Cookies\Low\QP3GOVAJ.txt [ Cookie:owner@dmtracker.com/ ]
C:\USERS\OWNER\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Cookies\Low\UW61BO00.txt [ Cookie:owner@clickbank.net/ ]
C:\USERS\OWNER\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Cookies\Low\C1WR91OR.txt [ Cookie:owner@yadro.ru/ ]
C:\USERS\OWNER\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Cookies\Low\N8J7JJSZ.txt [ Cookie:owner@adserver.adreactor.com/ ]
C:\USERS\OWNER\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Cookies\Low\S14JLBV9.txt [ Cookie:owner@adtech.de/ ]
C:\USERS\OWNER\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Cookies\Low\Z8KFC0ZT.txt [ Cookie:owner@revsci.net/ ]
C:\USERS\OWNER\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Cookies\Low\MPMXC5OV.txt [ Cookie:owner@xiti.com/ ]
C:\USERS\OWNER\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Cookies\Low\J04AYEGM.txt [ Cookie:owner@collective-media.net/ ]
C:\USERS\OWNER\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Cookies\Low\ZCYICEJ9.txt [ Cookie:owner@toplist.cz/ ]
C:\USERS\OWNER\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Cookies\Low\NVYBH7RY.txt [ Cookie:owner@adbrite.com/ ]
C:\USERS\OWNER\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Cookies\LowSS0SISR.txt [ Cookie:owner@casalemedia.com/ ]
C:\USERS\OWNER\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Cookies\Low\Q05LKGDI.txt [ Cookie:owner@ru4.com/ ]
C:\USERS\OWNER\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Cookies\Low\JBJ5UCI6.txt [ Cookie:owner@doubleclick.net/ ]
C:\USERS\OWNER\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Cookies\Low\INJZ487X.txt [ Cookie:owner@www.googleadservices.com/pagead/conversion/1002714599/ ]
C:\USERS\OWNER\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Cookies\Low\AYJEUZLJ.txt [ Cookie:owner@serving-sys.com/ ]
C:\USERS\OWNER\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Cookies\Low\WK2Z6T8M.txt [ Cookie:owner@invitemedia.com/ ]
C:\USERS\OWNER\Cookies\Y5Z5BG1H.txt [ Cookie:owner@c.atdmt.com/ ]
C:\USERS\OWNER\Cookies\3XTYFTN7.txt [ Cookie:owner@doubleclick.net/ ]
C:\USERS\SHIR\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Cookies\261MMGAU.txt [ Cookie:shir@atdmt.com/ ]
C:\USERS\SHIR\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Cookies\Low\N6BZI47Z.txt [ Cookie:shir@clkads.com/adServe ]
C:\USERS\SHIR\Cookies\261MMGAU.txt [ Cookie:shir@atdmt.com/ ]

Posted 1 year ago

G41M

Have a read on this from Dell forum,specifically, try the last post.

Posted 1 year ago

shirkay

Great, thank you. I will try that.

Posted 1 year ago

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.

Get Free Articles in Your Inbox!

Join 134,000 newsletter readers

Email:

Go check your email!