SEARCH

The How-To Geek Forums Have Migrated to Discourse

How-To Geek Forums / Windows XP

Website? Browser? ISP? or Computer problem?

(3 posts)
  • Started 7 years ago by sacul7662
  • Latest reply from niteprlr
  • Topic Viewed 1320 times

sacul7662

I have Windows XP on a Dell. I use FrontPage to make my website at http://www.nettiemae.247ihost.com/index.htm but for some reason, I can't access my own website. I can't access 247ihost.com either. I can't FTP to my site either. My ISP says it's my computer. I also cannot access danijohnson.com. I know for a fact that it is not my parental settings or anything like that because I can access really bad websites. Additionally, we have four computers in this house and I can't access these sites from any of them. However, other people seem to have no problem at all. Can someone tell me what the heck is going on? This is driving me crazy!!

Posted 7 years ago

syn

Ok i have a few suggestions for you.... if you still need them

1) Try to ping the website through you command prompt.
go to start > run > type CMD press enter > then type ping (your address minus the parenthesis)

2)if you are using IE try to refresh the default settings on the pc's.
with IE open go to tools > internet options > then on the Advanced tab click restore defaults.

if that does not work you may need to contact the site owners them self.

Posted 7 years ago

niteprlr

For the heck of it, you may want to temporarily turn off Windows Firewall and see if you can connect then.
Control Panel > Windows Firewall

If you are using a router, you may have to check/change your routers settings (refer to the documentation that came with the router). Because if NONE of the computers in your home can connect, the it is probably an access issue.
If you are uncomfortable changing your routers settings, you may want to consult someone that is experienced in these matters.
Good Luck

Posted 7 years ago

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.