SEARCH

The How-To Geek Forums Have Migrated to Discourse

How-To Geek Forums / Windows 7

(Solved) - Watermark plugin for Windows Live Photo Gallery - need help executing

(4 posts)
  • Started 2 years ago by liz616a
  • Latest reply from jouwhoo
  • Topic Viewed 7712 times

liz616a

I added a plugin to Windows Live Photo Gallery that will allow me to watermark photos. My last instruction to get it to work is to: Register the assembly by running the following command from the WLPG path:
%WINDIR%\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v4.0.30319\regasm.exe FicusFactor.Watermarker.dll

I don't know how to do this, can someone tell me? Thank you.

http://wlpgwatermarker.codeplex.com/

Posted 2 years ago

G41M

liz616a, Hi.

Open an elevated command prompt (run as administrator). At the command prompt, go to the WLPG directory (the directory where you placed FicusFactor.Watermarker.dll i.e. C:\Program Files\Windows Live\Photo Gallery). From there, type %WINDIR%\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v4.0.30319\regasm.exe FicusFactor.Watermarker.dll and hit enter. The assembly should then be registered.

Posted 2 years ago

jouwhoo

I tried this using my own directory because I do not have the %WINDIR%\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v4.0.30319 directory. Instead, I have v2.0.50727. Then I got this message:
"RegAsm: error RA0000 : failed to load 'c:\program files (x86)\windows live\photo gallery\ficusfactor.watermarker.dll' because it is not a valid .net assembly

Posted 2 years ago

jouwhoo

Fixed it! I had to download the new version (4) on microsoft.com then follow the instructions. Now it works :)

Posted 2 years ago

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.