The How-To Geek Forums Have Migrated to Discourse

How-To Geek Forums / Windows 7

Want to maintain window positions in Windows 7

(3 posts)
  • Started 4 years ago by tpines
  • Latest reply from skralg
  • Topic Viewed 1103 times

tpines

The major annoyance of window positions not being maintained that was present in Windows 7 RC still exists in the RTM version! If I open an Explorer window, for example, and drag it to a desired location on the screen, then I open another explorer window for another folder and drag it to a desired location on the screen, the next time I open the first window, it will be in the location of the last-opened Explorer window! YIKES! Window positions are not maintained. Other than buying a program to handle this issue, is there any way within Windows 7 to resolve it? (If you have a proposed solution, please try it before posting, as many have posted "solutions" on other forums that do not work in Windows 7. Thank you.)

Posted 4 years ago

Scott
Scott

Check this box,

Posted 4 years ago

skralg

Quote: (If you have a proposed solution, please try it before posting, as many have posted "solutions" on other forums that do not work in Windows 7. Thank you.)

No Scott. You didn't try it. That remembers that the folder was open, and just opens all previously opened windows in the same place, with the same size.
In previous version of windows there was an additional checkbox labeled 'Remember each folder's view settings' which did what tpines and I need.
Anyone else have any ideas?

Posted 4 years ago

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.