SEARCH

The How-To Geek Forums Have Migrated to Discourse

How-To Geek Forums / Microsoft Office

Want an solution to convert access file to excel sheet in safe manner????

(7 posts)
  • Started 1 year ago by mariyalee
  • Latest reply from loadmatts
  • Topic Viewed 3026 times

mariyalee

Hi everyone,
From last 4 years, I am using access files for maintaining records but now i want to convert my access data to excel sheet due to some official reasons because excel sheets are providing so many advance features to manage the database in easy manner. Please suggest me your solutions to convert access data to excel sheet!!!!!!!!!!

Posted 1 year ago

scorpion99
scorpion99

You can export your Access table to a CSV file which can be read by Excel.

Posted 1 year ago

G41M

Not sure what MS Office version you have, but in Access 2010, you can export Acess files direcly to Excel Spreadsheet via External Data > Excel (Export)

Posted 1 year ago

samanthamason

There are many Software available in the market for the same task however being new here I am not sure whether placing software links will be okay here or not.

But yeah I have two great tutorial references for you which I have bookmarked the time I got stuck with same issue. One is direct from the Official MS-Office solutions. Hope it would help. However the steps may vary depending on your version of MS office.

www.office.microsoft.com/en-00.....24122.aspx
smallbusiness.chron.com/convert-access-reports-excel-tables-40702.html

Edit by mod; 1st link adding www worked, 2nd link failed

Posted 1 year ago

marbleberger

Do you want excel sheet for maintaining the database? If so, then it may provide you solution
xxx

Edit by mod-cropped link above is Shareware, dubious.
Edit by another mod. Site is red flagged.

Posted 1 year ago

muneshjakhar

Hmmmm Mariya

You want to transfer the access data into an excel sheet and during this conversion one thing needs to be very important that is if you lost a single bit then you lost your complete data. For this you have to take care of that you have to use a better tool which will not affect your data. I am a project manager and I can understand your query and as a manager I have to follow these guidelines first then using the tool for my database. I have a solution i hope it will help you. Article link

Posted 1 year ago

loadmatts

Hey Mariyalee
Can I ask a question you want to convert MDB and ACCDB both files in XLS format or only MDB files? But don't worry Mariya if you want to convert only MDB then you can refer the following link http://gallery.technet.microso.....r-00660936 By reading this article you can convert your access file into excel sheet and also by CSV format you can convert ACCDB files also in excel sheets. Read the article. It will help you at a point.

Posted 1 year ago

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.