SEARCH

The How-To Geek Forums Have Migrated to Discourse

How-To Geek Forums / Geek Stuff

VLC Media Player or Media Player Classic with codecs?

(27 posts)
  • Started 6 years ago by jmcguire
  • Latest reply from drifta
  • Topic Viewed 21161 times

whs

ScottW, thank you for taking the time to educate us. I second jmcguire - I was not aware of those intrinsic details. Maybe in part 3,4 or 5 you can add some practical aspects, i.e. what to do when you are faced with a video or music file for which you do not have the fitting codec.

Posted 6 years ago

raphoenix

@The Geek
@Moderators,

Let be the first to nominate ScottW for a Protected Sticky Post concerning his fine articles on Computer Audio and Visual Technical Explanations. His knowledge, expertise and time imparted unselfishness to all is certainly gratefully appreciated. In fact, I believe a Free Ipod device should be awarded to him for being one of the best contributors to the site.

Hats Off to ScottW !!

Kindest Regards,
Rick P. ♥ :)

Posted 6 years ago

jmcguire

I thought I would revive this topic because it has been very informative thus far, and I was wondering if ScottW has made any progress or is this is close to becoming a Wiki Article.

@ScottW
As many of us have stated, the majority of us are uninformed on this topic, so I believe I speak for the majority when I say, thank you for your help. I am looking forward to the next part in this topic.

Posted 6 years ago

whs

Very true. Codecs is one of those "dark" chapters of processing that is very mysterious - at least to me. I thank ScottW for helping us to understand it.

Posted 6 years ago

CPJames19

Hi Evry1, Jus wana say if you want a player that plays evryfing get KM Players. Its the bees knees!

Posted 6 years ago

madmacs

@ScottW, thx for the lessons!! Very informative, they put me back on the right track

Posted 5 years ago

drifta

wow that was rather informative.
great stuff ScottW, keep up the good work
is part 3 any closer to being released? or has it already been released on another post / wiki
i think i might remove my CCCP after reading this. makes me wonder if the problems i have encoutered were caused by the codec pack.

Posted 5 years ago

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.