SEARCH

The How-To Geek Forums Have Migrated to Discourse

How-To Geek Forums / Windows Vista

Vista Users are Connected to each other?

(3 posts)
  • Started 1 year ago by FuzzBall
  • Latest reply from ispalten
  • Topic Viewed 543 times

FuzzBall

I have searched around and have found absolutely no relative forums anywhere about this issue.

I want to create a NEW User account on my computer with Separate files from the original.

Example:
Main User: (Main User has everything I have downloaded so far)
Second User: (Second User gets all default items, Nothing I have downloaded)

If I delete anything from the Second account (Desktop Files like Mozilla or Windows Mail) It automatically does the same for the main account.
I want to have two separate accounts that are not connected to each others files be they Moved or Deleted I want it to be on that account only not all users.

Posted 1 year ago

raphoenix
raphoenix

Run as Administrator and don't worry about the account stuff.
http://www.howtogeek.com/howto.....ows-vista/

Auto Log-on
http://www.howtogeek.com/howto.....matically/

This is NOT recommended safe way to run a machine but for a Single User Computer is easier than messing about with a bunch of accounts and profiles.

Posted 1 year ago

ispalten
ispalten

I do not think you get that type of control. You DO with some programs, but not all.

Some programs install for ALL users, and the only one that can delete it sometimes is the one that installed it, sometimes anyone can.

Some programs ask you if it should be installed for all users or just you. If you say just you, you have control.

If you look at the structure of C:\USERS (using Explorer you have to change some options under TOOLS ==> FOLDER OPTIONS ==> VIEW to see all of these) you'll see an ALL USER and ADMINISTRATOR and your ID (and others). Those determine who can see what. For instance ALL USERS is added to all USER ID's, and those are the ones that you'll have a problem with.

Irv S.

Posted 1 year ago

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.

Enter Your Email Here to Get Access for Free:

Go check your email!