The How-To Geek Forums Have Migrated to Discourse

How-To Geek Forums / Windows Vista

Vista Problem

(4 posts)
  • Started 6 years ago by BabeeJayne
  • Latest reply from supermansghost
  • Topic Viewed 1581 times

BabeeJayne

My Vista came pre-installed on my computer and I recently had an issue and had to re-install it. Now my icons, taskbar, font, and pictures are extremely large. I have the lowest DPI setting that there is. I forwarded this issue on to the manufacturer MDG and they sent me a link for a Intel driver however this has not changed anything. Does anyone know what I need and where to get it to fix this?

Also I hate Vista and prefer XP. I do have an XP disc to install and it gets so far then it says it cannot install some items. 23 in total. ie cmnicfg.xml, xmlp_bec.xdr, amd D:\1386\asms.

Can anyone tell me how to get around this?

Thank You :)

Posted 6 years ago

mysticgeek

If you want to start with troubleshooting Vista ... I would start with making sure the Display Settings are set correctly.... Right click an open area on the desktop and go to Personalize >>Display Settings and make the adjustments to resolution

If you prefer XP ... you should start with a clean install ... completely reformat your HD then install XP. If you still have problems installing it from your XP disk ... we would need to look a bit deeper ...

Posted 6 years ago

Scott
Scott

Double check that the resolution is set to the highest and DPI to 96.

Posted 6 years ago

supermansghost
supermansghost

I'm betting that your display resolution is just set way too low, like mysticgeek said.

Posted 6 years ago

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.

Enter Your Email Here to Get Access for Free:

Go check your email!