The How-To Geek Forums Have Migrated to Discourse

How-To Geek Forums / Windows Vista

Vista Internet Problems

(4 posts)
  • Started 6 years ago by leonardo
  • Latest reply from Scott
  • Topic Viewed 1579 times

leonardo

I just bought a computer 3 days ago, its a HP and it came pre-installed with Windows Vista Home Premium edition. Ever since i got the thing it seems like everytime i leave my computer for a some what long period of time it disconnects. I look at my computer and my msn is signed out and downloads are constantly timed out.

There is no way it is a problem with the hardware since the computer is only 3 days old, can some one please help me with this stupid windows vista bug.

Posted 6 years ago

supermansghost
supermansghost

I'm guessing that your computer has power saving turned on, which is turning off the network after a period of time.

You should check into the power options.

Posted 6 years ago

streetjustice

I purchased an HP with Vista Home a couple of weeks ago. My issue is similar to leonardo's post. I will leave the computer on for a brief period, it will be idle.
When I returned to the computer the screen will be blue stating that a problem has been detected and advises crash/dump mode. I did contact customer no-service at HP, the "agent" sounded as though he was reading off of cue cards and had no tech
skills. I was told that I have to put the pc in this mode by HP. By doing this you have to reload the pc with the software again.
Another issue with the pc is the wireless mouse will freeze up on occassion.

Any help would be appreciated

Posted 6 years ago

Scott
Scott

Assuming you have all the disks for the programs installed, feel free to do a clean install. I've found it's the best way to remove all the crapware that ships with most PCs.

Consider this if it's something you've done before. It may solve your problem, one that's hard to diagnose from a distance.

Posted 6 years ago

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.

Get Free Articles in Your Inbox!

Join 134,000 newsletter readers

Email:

Go check your email!