SEARCH

The How-To Geek Forums Have Migrated to Discourse

How-To Geek Forums / Windows Vista

(Solved) - Vista Explorer opening where i want to.

(8 posts)
  • Started 7 years ago by thor123
  • Latest reply from REMINATOR
  • Topic Viewed 2070 times

thor123

How do i open up explorer where i want it to and not where vista wants it to open up.
It always opens at :AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu. I dont want this i want it to open up at:Computer. Can anybody help this dumb geek.
Tim

Posted 7 years ago

supermansghost
supermansghost

You can modify the shortcut for explorer... which way are you opening it?

Posted 7 years ago

thor123

Just with right clicking windows logo and then clicking explore.

Posted 7 years ago

thor123

Thought I'd get back to you and let you know that i found a great little sidebar tool at 'Windows Vista Sidebar'. Its called 'Sushi Drive Info'.
I installed that and in the options window ticked the my computer link, heh presto explorer opens exactly as i wanted it to at my computer with no other files or folders open.

Hope this will help anybody else that has same problem. Thanks to anyone who has or is in the prosses of trying to help me. Any other suggestions will be looked at, Cheers.

Great forum, keep up the good work guys and galls.

Posted 7 years ago

wbouvy

By right-clicking the vista orb (logo) and selecting explore, you are telling it to exlore the start menu. That's why it opens there.

Why not just use Win+E? That's the windows key on your keyboard and the E key. That starts the explorer in the My Computer folder.

Posted 6 years ago

Scott
Scott

Nice shortcut reminder wbouvy, and thanks for the additional postings.

Posted 6 years ago

thor123

Another thankyou wbouvy, shame that sort of thing cant be found in the win help files.
Ta for the tip.

Posted 6 years ago

REMINATOR

I think the easiest is to create a short cut. You can put this new short cut in your desktop or start menu and once you click it, it will open window explorer and lead you right to the folder you wanted.

So if you want explorer for Drive C which will open the rest of the folders:
Click on Computer from desktop, on the right side column it will show Drive C. Right click Drive C and choose Create Shortcut. The shortcut is now at Desktop. You can move it anywhere. So, if you want a folder in C:\All My Programs which has other folders inside, just go to Window Explorer and right click on All My Program and create shortcut.

Posted 6 years ago

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.