How-To Geek Forums / Geek Stuff

Video screen shots

(6 posts)
  • Started 5 years ago by jack7h3r1pp3r
  • Latest reply from jack7h3r1pp3r
  • Topic Viewed 1130 times

jack7h3r1pp3r
jack7h3r1pp3r

how would i go about recording with is being viewed on my monitor (games, or just whatever) and are there any freewares that do this? and please don't say video camera because that just doesn't look as good.

Posted 5 years ago

Budohorseman
Budohorseman

Penny Arcade and PvP have been using Ustream (Penny Arcade example http://www.ustream.tv/channel/penny-arcade-tv), not sure about the cost, if any, but worth a look.

EDIT: Gabe loves to listen to They Might Be Giants as he draws, and I love me some TMBG!!!

EDIT2: Penny Arcade has been known to put non-PG-13 language into their webcomics, so if you follow the link and wait the hour or so before he puts in the text consider yourself forewarned.

Posted 5 years ago

jd2066
jd2066

I just did a quick search and found CamStudio. It's a free program for recording monitor things. Not sure if it records games.

Posted 5 years ago

jack7h3r1pp3r
jack7h3r1pp3r

thx jd works great records everything some times the quality isn't that great but i think that i can change that.

Posted 5 years ago

xenomex
xenomex

@Jack,
Camstudio is a Screen-Capture software which records videos with a low quality when its set to default video codec. thats why i dont use it. but you could use "Camtasia Studio" which is the best video screen recording software in the internet... you could download the 30-day trial.

Edit by mod (naughty boy)

Posted 5 years ago

jack7h3r1pp3r
jack7h3r1pp3r

nah the one that jd posted isn't that bad and it's free so i am fine with it

Posted 5 years ago

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.

Enter Your Email Here to Get Access for Free:

Go check your email!