How-To Geek Forums / Windows 7

Video Editing Software

(13 posts)
  • Started 1 year ago by onlyongabonga
  • Latest reply from ispalten
  • Topic Viewed 763 times

onlyongabonga
onlyongabonga

Which will be the best video editor software which is not complicated to use?

Posted 1 year ago

Ochinowa

Onlyongabong,
Try this one, it works great for me: Windows Live Movie Maker.

http://windows.microsoft.com/e.....et-started

Posted 1 year ago

oliverpowell
oliverpowell

I'm using camtasia for video editing tasks. Though its pad and little tricky to use.

Posted 1 year ago

djhull3917

Hi there, if you know me from round here you will know i have been asking similar questions recently, to be honest it depends on the amount of RAM you have, processor etc, say you are running on a 4GB, Intel i3/i5 processorr your gonna be able to just run Adobe After Effects, anything under that and it will be slow as hell!

However this kinda sofware is expensive (However you can get cracked versions on the web, not that im recommending you get one, at your own risk,!)

After effects

there is also a easy, and quite effective called

Sony Vegas Pro

you may want to find a free one on the web,

if you are only interested in basic word effects, video editing i recommend

Serif MoviePlus x5

it is easy to use and there are plenty of plugins to make it more complex.

However if you are on a budget and are after a movie creator

use windows live movie maker, it is extremely restricting and you cannot do much at all,,,

anyway i hope you have fun !

P.S to find out your pc specs go to r<<run>> type dxdiag> and post it here on this post for us to help you perfectyly!

Posted 1 year ago

KDrive

I also used Windows Movie Maker. It was easy to use. I didn't do anything complicated. I only cut out some parts of a video and stripped off the soundtrack.

I also found this online video editor:

https://www.filelab.com/video-editor

I used it for a few minor adjustments to some videos I took with my digital camera. It seems to do a good job. I had to find a video editor that could handle QuickTime file formats since that's what format my digital camera produced. I didn't want to buy the QuickTime video editor for minor adjustments. This free online program worked well for me.

Posted 1 year ago

whs
whs

If you want an absolutely lossless and superfast editor, try this one. But make sure you understand the restrictions. http://www.machetesoft.com/

Posted 1 year ago

onlyongabonga
onlyongabonga

Thanks all of you who provided all the help. I didnt tried any of the recommended software but will let you know my experience.

Posted 1 year ago

onlyongabonga
onlyongabonga

I found AVS Video Remaker as the solution of my problem. Only thing I cannot able to find in this software is how to merge 2 video clips?

Posted 1 year ago

vistamike
vistamike

onlyongabonga, what you need to do is refer to the link
You say you had a solution then no merge?

Posted 1 year ago

whs
whs

For merging video clips, you can use Windows Live Movie Maker. Is easy and does a decent job. But don't use the old Movie maker (WMM). The output quality is not good.

If you want a lossless editor, you can use free Machete light. It is super fast and keeps your initial quality. The pieces you merge, however, have to be compatible (format, FPS,etc. - including audio).

Posted 1 year ago

onlyongabonga
onlyongabonga

I have few video clips in .AVI format and I like to merge them in a sequence of 1 video.

Posted 1 year ago

whs
whs

Use Machete for that. It is the fastest and most efficient. http://www.machetesoft.com/hom.....-lite.html

Posted 1 year ago

ispalten
ispalten

Depending on what you 'want' to do, you might need either a SIMPLE one, one that just adds one or more video file into a single video file, or one that allows adding 'overlays', sound, cartoons, words, or even cutting the clips to size or removing parts.

I use Sothink's DVD Maker (it can also create a disk file) for simple 'addition' of many video files. For bigger jobs I use Nero.

Irv S.

Posted 1 year ago

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.

Get Free Articles in Your Inbox!

Join 134,000 newsletter readers

Email:

Go check your email!