The How-To Geek Forums Have Migrated to Discourse

How-To Geek Forums / Windows 7

Using of AutoHotKey to fecilitate copy-paste function

(3 posts)
  • Started 1 year ago by AtulKauls
  • Latest reply from vistual
  • Topic Viewed 421 times

AtulKauls

I wish to make my copy paste function easy with the use of the application AutoHotKey or any other free utility.

I visit various sites looking for matter of interest to me and then I copy them and paste them in a word file after putting in the date and the time... the same I do from various sites but I paste them generally in one word file only for mostly they are of one topic only .... I do not wish to repeatedly open the word file ,then enter date and time and then paste the matter ... all I want is that after I have selected the matter and it goes on the clip board and via a shortcut the matter gets posted to the designated word file after the date-time stamp automatically ... I believe it is possible but i am not able to discover how

F.Y.I. I am using windows 7 64 bit

Kindly guide

Thanks and Regards,
Atul Kaul

Posted 1 year ago

warlock
warlock

http://www.google.com/#hl=en&#.....38;bih=716 Have a look through some of these links see if any may help.

Posted 1 year ago

vistual
vistual

AtulKauls,
when i saw this post, right away i thought you might make use of a good clipboard manager or perhaps something like evernote.
there might be a clipboard manager that can add to and existing file and thought of evrnote cause of all the positive comments made about it.
its supposedly a powerhouse for gathering info like you described above.
just some ideas / alternatives 'till the ahk script pops along.

Posted 1 year ago

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.

Get Free Articles in Your Inbox!

Join 134,000 newsletter readers

Email:

Go check your email!