SEARCH

The How-To Geek Forums Have Migrated to Discourse

How-To Geek Forums / Disability Tech

US Senate rejects treaty to protect disabled..

(12 posts)
  • Started 1 year ago by raphoenix
  • Latest reply from Xhi
  • Topic Viewed 742 times

raphoenix
raphoenix

Huffington Post Article 12/04/12

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/.....f=politics

Posted 1 year ago

LadyFitzgerald

The only thing lame about the "lame duck Congress" is the Extremist Christian Theocratic Party, formerly known as the Republican Party. I am so fed up with their selfish anti-Democratic, anti-Human Rights, and anti-Constitutional platform. No matter the merit of anything, if the Dems are for it, the ECTP are automatically against it.

I also hate the Huffington Post because many of their articles have a video that automatically plays when you ope the pager and the *&^%$#@! thing can't be shut off.

Posted 1 year ago

ronniesonora

LadyFitzgerald, I guess you want the U.N. controlling the internet also!

Posted 1 year ago

LadyFitzgerald

What the heck does the U.N controlling the internet (which I oppose, btw; so much for your lame assumption—pun intended) have to do with this treaty? Did you bother to read the article?

Posted 1 year ago

jazzfan1974

I'm not that much into politics at all, but what this is is a big slap in the face for those of us with disabilities. I guess people can't agree on anything can they? There are of course some exceptions but you get my point. Now back to exploring this site before I go, and seeing if it's the right one for me.

Posted 1 year ago

ronniesonora

Yes, I did read the article and it's a United Nations treaty on the rights of the disabled. The U.N. is also trying to get a treaty passed to control the internet.
The U.N. is about as useless as a chicken with teeth.

Posted 1 year ago

warlock
warlock

@ronnie, I remember about 45 years ago when I was in high school the questions came up, "should the U.N. be disbanded, can the U.N. really stop wars". The answer was, probably not but who wants to find out.

Posted 1 year ago

germ-x
germ-x

@LF, Two things one doesn't discuss is religion and politics, both tend to lead to arguments that never seem to get resolved.
Why does the USA need to sign a treaty with these other countries? So five yrs from now we will be footing the cost for everything.
I think you had a typo error when you accused the Republican party of being the ECTP. The Democrats are the ones that need to look in the mirror.
To be honest both parties need a complete overhaul as neither has the best interest of the American people for a few decades now.
Nothing personal, just a different point of view.

EDIT: I forgot my comments about the U.N. Do you really want them having power over our right to own a gun among other nice rumors starting to popup. I believe if they continue to exist they should concern themselves with worldly problems and not try to dictate to any country. Reallly we should make them move their headquaters to another country. Maybe every 10yrs change their headquarters country.
BTW: I would like to know what the UN has done for any country lately?

Posted 1 year ago

ronniesonora

germ-x, right-on!

Posted 1 year ago

LadyFitzgerald

@ germ-x. No typo. I do agree the party system needs an overhaul, as does the entire government.

Posted 1 year ago

germ-x
germ-x

@LH, I think if we sit down and talk we can all dig up some really nasty dirt on many members of both parties. Right now we have several politicians that need replaced sooner than later. I believe if any politician has a good idea then that should be looked into. I hope you enjoy our new healthcare benefits since it has been approx two yrs since NP said let's pass it then we can read it and find out what's inside. That's like saying lets buy that house and after we move in we'll see if we can pay for it.

Posted 1 year ago

Xhi
Xhi

I get slapped up side of the head when I post anything political on this forum, so let's get back to the technical business at hand, folks.

Posted 1 year ago

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.