SEARCH

The How-To Geek Forums Have Migrated to Discourse

How-To Geek Forums / Windows 8

(Solved) - upper left to lower right swipe w mouse changes app screens--when I dont want to

(9 posts)
  • Started 1 year ago by dmk129
  • Latest reply from Fhirkin9
  • Topic Viewed 547 times

dmk129

Every time I shop on Ebay w my new windows 8 laptop--when I use back button and try to go back into page the upper left to lower right motion changes app screen. I have to do more clicks just to get back on Ebay page. Very annoying--does anybody else have this problem--if so did u solve it somehow? If I just need to change a setting--can someone tell me the series of places in order to do it? Thanks!
Darla

Posted 1 year ago

Fhirkin9
Fhirkin9

Are you using the Ebay app in the Metro UI or Ebay via a browser on the standard Win Desktop? If you are in Desktop mode you could resize the browser slightly to make the back button a little further away from the top left border.... Alternatively, you can use the keyboard shortcut for the back command in your browser (ALT+Left arrow in IE 10 or Firefox). One other way is to use the History and then click on the previous page viewed (Control+H in IE10 and Control+Shift+H in Firefox). If you are in the Metro UI and using the App, you could try to turn off App Switching to see if that helps, swipe through right bottom corner, click on the settings gear-tool button, then click General > and change the second option in App switching to Off. Let us know if any of this works for your style.

Accepted Answer · Posted 1 year ago

Xhi
Xhi

In the old days someone reporting such a problem was given a circumvention, something like "Quit swiping your mouse from upper left to lower right", as a final solution.

I think about 15 years ago there was a post by someone that said, "When I hold the mouse button down the icon moves with it, how do I stop it from doing that."

Time to learn new techniques folks. It's a brave new world.,

Posted 1 year ago

Is that like the old adage, "Doctor, every time I move my arm it hurts", Doctor: Stop moving your arm.

Posted 1 year ago

Seriously though, I am new to windows 8 and my problem is that everytime I try to access the internet, I get a message that the page cannot be accessed. I then try the trouble shooter which tells me windows could not detect the problem, but when I close the ts the internet then connects. Any ideas?

Posted 1 year ago

Fhirkin9
Fhirkin9

@ 4628083 You should start your own thread with respect to this problem. It is never a good idea to try to compound your plea for help with the original poster's problem. You won't get replies.

Posted 1 year ago

dmk129

Fhirkin9---I will try this and will let you know how it worked!! Thanks for the assist!! Thanks to the others too!
dmk129

Posted 1 year ago

dmk129

Fhirkin9---Thanks sooooo MUCH!! Your tip worked just fine. Thanks for telling me the steps to find the app switching and turn it off. All is good now and I can go back to shopping on ebay without my screen changing continuously!! I appreciate the help. :-)

Posted 1 year ago

Fhirkin9
Fhirkin9

Still lots to learn! Glad I could be of service!

Posted 1 year ago

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.

Get Free Articles in Your Inbox!

Join 134,000 newsletter readers

Email:

Go check your email!