The How-To Geek Forums Have Migrated to Discourse

How-To Geek Forums / Windows Vista

Upgraded Rams

(2 posts)
  • Started 1 year ago by beckysbabe
  • Latest reply from Xhi
  • Topic Viewed 468 times

beckysbabe

As the title says, I bought two new RAM, For my computer, as my old ones kept giving me trouble, Before buying them, I made sure they both matched, even called the online store, to make sure they were compatible with my computer.

Lately i've been having many trouble with my Pc, to the point i've had to reformat, and still, every bluescreen I get, keeps pointing to memory RAM problems, so I decided to re-check if they both matched, while they might match, to me they appear very different, as I got no idea what the names mean, Do these two names below correspond together? do they not? should i be looking somewhere else for my problem?

2gb 240 pin ddr2 dimm unbuff pc

1gb 240 pin 128Mx64 ddr2 pc2-6

Posted 1 year ago

Xhi
Xhi

Well, they do not match, obviously, since they have different names. Also, one is 2GB and the other is 1GB. However they both fit in your computer. Some motherboards allow mismatched memory some do not. You might try Crucial.com Click on the System Scanner and let it scan your system and tell you exactly what you need. No need to buy any thing from them they are a good reference for memory.

Posted 1 year ago

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.