How-To Geek Forums / Disability Tech

Update on the forum

(15 posts)
  • Started 1 year ago by jmeeks49
  • Latest reply from jmeeks49
  • Topic Viewed 1163 times

jmeeks49
jmeeks49

What would everyone think if somehow i could setup a RSS feed for me to provide the public general information about Assistive Technology through www.tacnashville.org that way any new information can be readily available and if people have questions about certain devices i could either answer the question here or if i don't know the answer to i could find out. Any suggestions comments ideas?

John

Posted 1 year ago

warlock
warlock

It would be up to the Geek I would think.

Posted 1 year ago

jmeeks49
jmeeks49

Warlock,

The RSS Feed would be setup on my system than i could post the info that i get from tac's site. it would be faster for me it wouldn't tied in to htg site directly just another way to move information on to this forum.

John

Posted 1 year ago

warlock
warlock

Hi John, Both up late tonight and not much going on. Anyway, I don't see why anyone here would have objections to what you do for people needing help coping with a disability. Can't of course speak for everyone though. I know it would be fine with me. That being said it is still the Geeks site.

Posted 1 year ago

Lighthouse
Lighthouse

Don't foresee a problem, but have forwarded to The Geek.

Posted 1 year ago

jmeeks49
jmeeks49

Thank you LH.

John

Posted 1 year ago

thegeek
The Geek

Here's the RSS for the Accessibility forum:

http://www.howtogeek.com/forum/rss/forum/16

Posted 1 year ago

warlock
warlock

@John,LH,The Geek, Good job as always looking out for others and their needs.

Posted 1 year ago

jmeeks49
jmeeks49

Thank you Warlock and the Geek.

@Warlock, i am just one person who tries to make a difference but with people like you LH and The Geek, Mike Whs ect. we can all work together to grow the forum to the potential that it should be.

@The Geek, i just wanted to thank you personally for allowing me to have this forum and to see what a difference it has made. As you can see there are many people who have post questions about Assistive Technology and needed help. Anyway, just wanted to say thank you.

John

Posted 1 year ago

Scott
Scott

minigeek posted this info two weeks ago,
http://www.howtogeek.com/forum.....ost-291234

Posted 1 year ago

jmeeks49
jmeeks49

Scott,

I realize that the thread was there, like i said in my original post i was just trying to post the information here from the RSS feed from www.tacnashville.org because basically all i would have to do is copy and paste. Without the RSS feed it would of made it more of a challenge for me to get the info here in the forum. Right now i am working on getting tac's webmaster to add a RSS feed but he has been slow about responding to anyone by email so i am waiting on him or my ex boss to tell me if he got a reply or not. Now, if i have done anything wrong in your moderator eyes please explain what or if i did anything wrong? I got the approval from The Geek through LH. I respect all of the Moderators opinions including yours .

John

Posted 1 year ago

Scott
Scott

Something wrong? Of course not.
Was just posting to make sure you were aware of minigeeks (and Rick's) replies.

Posted 1 year ago

jmeeks49
jmeeks49

Ok thank you sorry about the abruptness just hot and tired my apologies..

Posted 1 year ago

Scott
Scott

And likewise :)
Is it October yet?

Posted 1 year ago

jmeeks49
jmeeks49

Nope,

in the 100's all week..

Posted 1 year ago

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.

Get Free Articles in Your Inbox!

Join 134,000 newsletter readers

Email:

Go check your email!