The How-To Geek Forums Have Migrated to Discourse

How-To Geek Forums / Microsoft Office

Unruly Word ruler

(4 posts)
  • Started 1 year ago by jacktheripper
  • Latest reply from Drizzle
  • Topic Viewed 609 times

jacktheripper

I have a Word document which I started in versions 97-2003 and now Word 2010 & use a scanner to import text into this document.
I have earlier today noticed that there are inconsistencies in this document, which I assume started happening since upgrading to Office 2010 (the gaps between these newly scanned words only are slightly extended). I am aware that highlighting the text then selecting condensed (from the font/advanced/spacing dialogue box) will shorten the space; however if I perform this function the entire word will also get condensed making everything harder to read.

Would anyone know how to: Identify the original text layout/configuration (from Word 97-2003 text); and then apply the same settings to the entire document;
and/or apply the same settings and changes to the source document, to prevent these changes from happening again?

Posted 1 year ago

Drizzle
Drizzle

Looking around came across this..
http://www.lynda.com/Word-2003.....783-2.html
any help?

Posted 1 year ago

jacktheripper

Thanks Lynda - this site looks like it is invaluable.
I have two questions though: I understand that I would have to subscribe in order to watch tutorial video's - is there a fee for these video's?
Would you know if there is a similar online course for Powerpoint 2010?

Posted 1 year ago

Drizzle
Drizzle

Hi
I am NOT Lynda!!!!! Just a link I found for yooooooo LOL!

Do not use powerpoint so cannot assist.other than using our search button here on HTG
http://www.howtogeek.com/sites.....1361663j11
Good Luck.
Remember to post back any solution , as this will help any other Member in the future.

Posted 1 year ago

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.

Get Free Articles in Your Inbox!

Join 134,000 newsletter readers

Email:

Go check your email!