Uninstall Windows 8 Release Preview from VHD

(4 posts)
  • Started 2 years ago by jhwalker
  • Latest reply from vistamike
  • Topic Viewed 1514 times

jhwalker
jhwalker

Hey,
I have installed Windows 8 Release Preview onto a VHD using 'Install-WindowsImage' and Windows PowerShell as documented in one of the articles on this site.
However, when the timebomb eventually expires (on the 13th January 2013), I need to know how to remove Windows 8 Release Preview from my system, so that just Windows 7 is left...
However, all of the advice I have found on other websites is jumbled and confused. I have an idea that all I have to do is boot into Windows 7 and then delete the VHD which Windows 8 is installed onto. However, I would like a bit of confirmation that this is the right thing to do before I proceed... - do I have to do something else with 'Install-WindowsImage' and PowerShell again so that the boot loader is aware that Windows 8 no longer exists...
Does anyone know???
jhwalker

Posted 2 years ago

scorpion99
scorpion99

In case Windows 8 is not shown on your boot menu when you start you PC, you can simply delete it.

In case when you start your PC or Laptop and get an OS menu that let you choose between 7 and 8 , then you need to modify your boot menu by starting windows 7 and install EasyBCD on it and modify your boot list by removing the Windows 8 line boot
http://neosmart.net/EasyBCD/

Posted 2 years ago

GigiAUT87

I wanted to do this but I have one big problem. My laptop does show Windows 8 and 7 (or rather, did) at boot up. Win8 booted normally, but selecting 7 brought me straight into HP's recovery mode instead of booting the OS. I tried to play around with EasyBCD but no luck. Now everything you boots to recovery :( Do you think I could get somewhere with a SuperGRUB disc?

Posted 1 year ago

vistamike
vistamike

GigiAUT87, hi

Could start a new topic for you question please.

Mike

Posted 1 year ago

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.

Enter Your Email Here to Get Access for Free:

Go check your email!