How-To Geek Forums / Geek Stuff

Uniblue

(7 posts)
  • Started 5 years ago by techgranny
  • Latest reply from raphoenix
  • Topic Viewed 898 times

techgranny
techgranny

Has anyone downloaded the Uniblue Drive Scanner as advertised by HTG? If so, how do you like it...

Posted 5 years ago

raphoenix
raphoenix

techgranny,

Think I missed something.

Can you give me a quick link ??
Kindest Regards,
Rick P.♦:)

Posted 5 years ago

techgranny
techgranny

Rick, it's one of the ad's at the top of the site pages. I'm bad about updating my drivers and was wondering if the software was any good.

Posted 5 years ago

thegeek
The Geek

The ads only show up if you aren't logged in (figured there's no reason our dedicated forum members should see ads)... here's the link granny is talking about: http://www.howtogeek.com/go/go.php?link=ds9

I've tested out that application, it seems to work fairly well and do what it says. It has an option to backup or restore your drivers as well as check for updates... but of course you have to pay to download and install any updated drivers.

Note that I'm not necessarily recommending it as a must have application, but it worked fine for me.

Posted 5 years ago

raphoenix
raphoenix

techgranny,

Oh, now I understand.

I really can't say because as you know, I build only Asus machines and of course they update the board drivers until they are complete and right. As for other components, I go directly to the Manufacturer's site for driver updates.

Maybe someone else can help on this one.

Kindest Regards,

Posted 5 years ago

techgranny
techgranny

Rick, you know I don't know Asus from Isis:) Since I'm so bad at driver updating, I decided to take the plunge.

First, I didn't know I had 128 drivers; that's mind boggling. Seven of them were out-of-date and I didn't even realize one was causing a problem until I updated it. So far, I like Uniblue!

Posted 5 years ago

raphoenix
raphoenix

techgranny,
That's Great !!!!
Can't imagine a machine having 128 Drivers so think you meant a 128 files total were found to be out of date.
That's why this kind of software and service is provided and is GOOD.
I realize some folks prefer to have a nice up-to-date computer and use it but not have to put up with the aggravation of trying to build one. :) :)
Kindest Regards,

Posted 5 years ago

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.

Get Free Articles in Your Inbox!

Join 134,000 newsletter readers

Email:

Go check your email!