How-To Geek Forums / Windows 7

(Solved) - Unable to Sign Out

(28 posts)
  • Started 1 year ago by richmondreb
  • Latest reply from richmondreb
  • Topic Viewed 836 times

richmondreb

I'm Baaaaaaaaack!

The location I click on to sign out of my email keeps Disappearing and I was wondering if anybody could tell me
"IN LAYMAN TERMS" how I would be able to get it back or stop it from happening. I've already talked with a
Verizon Tech and that didn't last very long. Here's a picture and I hope this can give you some idea. Please advise............

Thanks,
Robin

Posted 1 year ago

Drizzle
Drizzle

Hi Robin

I am not sure if I understand!! If this is your e. mail page as you are logged in, then where that maroon line is it says" welcome richmond etc ..SIGN OUT"

so you just put your mouse/click on the words SIGN OUT and it should just do that...But Maybe as I said I mis understand you.
OR do you mean that line is not always there?????

Posted 1 year ago

richmondreb

@ Drizzle,
That is the line that keeps disappearing so, when I want to sign out, I can't because it's gone.
I just put the picture in so everybody could see what I was talking about and how it was setup.

Posted 1 year ago

Xhi
Xhi

My suggestion would be either click on the reload button (the circular arrow ), hit the back to myverizon button on the left, or close the window and reopen it fresh. Then log out.

Posted 1 year ago

whs
whs

If nothing else helps, sign out thru the Task Manager > Application tab

Posted 1 year ago

richmondreb

I guess my main question is;
Is there anyway to get it corrected so I can sign out the way it's suppose to be signed out!
Please advise

Thanks,
Robin

PS:
@ whs,
After I get there, what do I do then??

Posted 1 year ago

Xhi
Xhi

You may be on a page that does not allow signout and you have to go back to one that does.

Posted 1 year ago

richmondreb

@ Xhi,
I'm on the original sign in page (same as picture) and the sign out was always there before!
It just started performing a disappearing act about a month ago and I'm looking for suggestions.

Posted 1 year ago

Xhi
Xhi

I doubt if it has anything to do with you or your computer., Either an update to the Verizon web site, the browser or an add-on is probably the cause. So my advice is to simply go back to the Verizon Home page to sign out. Alternatively see if it happens in another Browser, if not then it's a browser problem. Use the other browser. You are wasting your time on this one when there are simple circumvention solutions.

Posted 1 year ago

warlock
warlock

@Robin, Can you log on to another computer and see if it does the same thing? Do you know anyone else using Verizon to ask if they are having the same problem?

Posted 1 year ago

presence1960
presence1960

I have Verizon FIOS, but I use Thunderbird for my email client. Just to see what is going on I logged in to My Verizon from Firefox. Looked at my email and was able to log out. The Sign out link did not go away. tried it a few times and it worked every time. So I would try it from IE or Chrome and see if it happens within those browsers as well. If it does not happen with those browsers then the problem has to do with Firefox as Xhi suggests.

Posted 1 year ago

presence1960
presence1960

Xhi, can you blank out his/her email address in the image!??!

Posted 1 year ago

Xhi
Xhi

OK, but it only makes a real difference in the text where bots can pick it up. In pictures it is harder to get.

Posted 1 year ago

richmondreb

I was using IE but Verizon suggested using FireFox as I was having problems forwarding email with pictures cause they wouldn't show up
at the sent end. If anyone has a suggestion on a good browser for that as well, than I could just change to that.

Posted 1 year ago

Xhi
Xhi

Try Palemoon it is a better Firefox derivative.

Posted 1 year ago

richmondreb

@ Xhi,
I looked at it and was wondering, any particular one??

Posted 1 year ago

Lighthouse
Lighthouse

? They are only supporting the latest version now. I am still using version 3 on 3 laptops, but no longer available.

Posted 1 year ago

richmondreb

@ Lighthouse,
When you go to the link,at the top is download, you put your curcer on that and then Palemoon.
When you have your curser on it the following pops up;
Palemoon 15, Palemoon, X 64 and Palemoon Portable
That's why I was wondering. Any suggestions??

Posted 1 year ago

Xhi
Xhi

Palemoon 15 is the one that I have.

Posted 1 year ago

Lighthouse
Lighthouse

Courtesy of Mike,
http://www.palemoon.org/archived.shtml

Posted 1 year ago

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.