SEARCH

The How-To Geek Forums Have Migrated to Discourse

How-To Geek Forums / Microsoft Office

Unable to send mail when abroad (but can receive)

(4 posts)
  • Started 1 year ago by tomser
  • Latest reply from SarahJames
  • Topic Viewed 1068 times

tomser

I live in Ireland and have an *******@eircom.net e-mail address. I use Outlook 2010 to manage my e-mail.
I travel to Portugal frequently and use a Vodafone(Portugal) dongle to access broadband on my laptop. I also have a ******@vodafone.pt e-mail address.
When in Portugal, I can receive all my e-mails in Outlook without any problem, but CANNOT send e-mails from Outlook.
I contacted Eircom Ireland and they say that it is an issue for my service provider in Portugal.
I contacted Vodafone Portugal and they say that they cannot help me, because only vodafone.pt addresses can be used (for security purposes)
Is there a solution for this? Can Outlook be configured to manage this.
Ideally, what I would like to be able to do is to select which service provider (and e-mail address) to use when sending a new e-mail, or replying to/forwarding an e-mail already received into *******@eircom.net (either eircom or vodafone)
Thanks
T

Posted 1 year ago

Xhi
Xhi

Just go to tools account settings and set the default account, the account to send mail from, as the default. You can change this as often as you like.

Posted 1 year ago

sahar4you

you can use your webmail ( https://secure.eircom.net/email )to access your mail if you have stored your mails on the webmail. To find out the issue you are facing please provide us the error code you can see during send mails.

Posted 1 year ago

SarahJames
SarahJames

When you go to your account settings the SMTP settings should be of the provider you are using at that moment.

For example when you use gmail your incoming mail (POP3) says: pop.gmail.com
But the outgoing mail (SMTP) says something like smtp.*yourprovider*.ir when you are in Ireland and something like smtp.*yourprovider*.pt in Portugal.

Posted 1 year ago

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.

Get Free Articles in Your Inbox!

Join 134,000 newsletter readers

Email:

Go check your email!