How-To Geek Forums / Windows Vista

Unable to change a folder's object name

(2 posts)
  • Started 5 years ago by PokerBasia
  • Latest reply from Spacegold
  • Topic Viewed 1759 times

PokerBasia

1/26/2009
HELP ME!!! It's not terribly urgent... but… I managed to change my computer and user accounts all to my own name... BUT the problem is there is still a folder which holds local, local low and roaming files in my friends name… the folder goes as follows
Local disk(C:)> Users> Brenda>AppData> local, local low and roaming etc...
Brenda is what I’m trying to change. It's not a huge problem but it drives me CRAZY every time I see it there. I’ve added permissions and changed ownership to my name etc… there is no option when I right click or in properties either. So I created a folder with my name (Barbara) and tried to copy all contents in the Brenda folder to mine. That didn’t work – the folders could not be moved. So giving up on changing the object name (Brenda) due to frustration I deleted the folder “Brenda” But before deleting I was asked to confirm deletion of Barbara, How can these names and folders be connected and I can’t change a name? PLEASE HELP ME ASAP AND THANKS IN ADVANCE FELLOW VISTA USERS.
CONTACT ME AT edit by mod- no email addresses please

Posted 5 years ago

Spacegold
Spacegold

I had a similar problem recently and moved what I wanted to keep out of the affected user directories. Then I started deleting from the bottom up. I am the administrator, so I finally deleted the other user folder. I even deleted the public folder as well. Next time I booted, Public came back with whatever Vista thinks it should have, as did a "default" user, similarly outfitted.

Posted 5 years ago

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.

Get Free Articles in Your Inbox!

Join 134,000 newsletter readers

Email:

Go check your email!