How-To Geek Forums / Windows 7

(Solved) - Unable to access website

(11 posts)
  • Started 1 year ago by fenixtorador
  • Latest reply from warlock
  • Topic Viewed 829 times

fenixtorador

Heya guys,

I have a fun little challenge for you because I can't figure out why it's doing this. I used to be able to visit a website to keep up on an anime or two (www.animecrazy.net) and since I haven't gone to it in a while I thought I'd go back to catch up on one because I had nothing to do for the weekend and when I went back the webpage returned that the connection has timed out. Thinking this was odd, I opened up my command prompt and sent a ping to it and it returned the following:

C:\Users\username>ping www.animecrazy.net

Pinging animecrazy.net [94.102.63.244] with 32 bytes of data:
General failure.
General failure.
General failure.
General failure.

Ping statistics for MYIPHERE:
Packets: Sent = 4, Received = 0, Lost = 4 (100% loss),

Not sure what was going on with it I did some google searching thinking it might have been down, but every site that I went to said that it was up and responding. So I hop on my smartphone, and guess what? It loads right up. So my next logical step was to disable NOD32/Malware Bytes/Windows Firewall and attempt again thinking that one of them might be interfering with the traffic. Same result. Frustrated I jump on my router thinking maybe that's blocking my traffic. Jump right to the diagnostics tab and send a ping to the website. It responds. So now I know the problem is from my computer going to the router. Not sure what to check next I decide to restart my computer to see if that solves it. During the start-up I decide to run a continuous ping and it responds! Thinking it might have been some odd glitch of my computer I just watch it to make sure everything is okay. Maybe about a minute after the start-up it cuts out to a General Failure again. So I try a few different commands to clear everything:

The basic ones first ..
ipconfig /release
ipconfig /renew
ipconfig /flushdns
ipconfig /registerdns

Then some other ones..

netsh winsock reset catalog
netsh int ip reset reset.log hit

Still got the same General Failure. So I figure I'd even try adding a route to it going through my router to see if that would work so i tossed in

route add 94.102.36.244 (www.animecrazy.net's ip address) 255.255.255.255 192.168.1.1

Did a route print to make sure it was in the table and tried again. Same General Failure. Also did a msconfig and disabled everything i didn't need on start up and repeated this process to no avail (after another restart). I have also tried disabling IPV6. I am completely stumped. Can anyone think of anything that might work I know I can probably just ignore it and find a different site or something, but small issues like this bother me when I can't figure out a solution or a reason why. Much appreciated in advance, thanks!

Posted 1 year ago

vistamike
vistamike

Well no problem this end.

Hope this is not spam to your site

Posted 1 year ago

drpepper

Does clearing cookies and cache help?

Posted 1 year ago

whs
whs

Works fine here too. The webpage opens instantly.

Posted 1 year ago

Xhi
Xhi

Works fine in Iowa.

Posted 1 year ago

fenixtorador

Negative, cleared all temp files and cookies from all browsers and still no difference. (My primary is Nightly, 64 bit Firefox basically) I know it works for you guys, I'm trying to figure out why my computer is refusing to connect to it.

Posted 1 year ago

fenixtorador

Bump

Posted 1 year ago

Fhirkin9
Fhirkin9

Loaded instantly for me using Firefox 19.0.2, with No-Script (did not even have to whitelist it to see base URL). Can you load it in IE as a test? If you are a frequent user of that site, perhaps you ran afoul of their rules and they have you blocked now, its a possibility.

Posted 1 year ago

arthur30
arthur30

seems like someone at your home has put a parental lock on the site for you, if not goto about:config in firefox and search the website name see if it has been blocked or not.

Posted 1 year ago

fenixtorador

Not sure what I did exactly, but I fixed it .. (also arthur why would I put a parental lock on myself? XD I'm the administrator to my computer lol) I think it was a combination of NOD32 and Malware Bytes not disabling completely so I couldn't troubleshoot correctly.

Posted 1 year ago

warlock
warlock

Glad you got it fixed. Some kind of glitch maybe on the website anyway good it works now.

Posted 1 year ago

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.

Enter Your Email Here to Get Access for Free:

Go check your email!