How-To Geek Forums / Linux

ubuntu not installing

(5 posts)
  • Started 6 years ago by jack7h3r1pp3r
  • Latest reply from jack7h3r1pp3r
  • Topic Viewed 3248 times

jack7h3r1pp3r
jack7h3r1pp3r

ok so my friend is trying to install ubuntu it installs all the way but when he reboots it says that the hard drive is 100% full and then it says that some of the open office file are corrupted or missing the disk he installed from is the lastest stable version

and i think that the disk drive might be kinda bad too but not sure it anyone knows what might be wrong that would be great

Posted 6 years ago

jd2066
jd2066

You can try asking the question at http://ubuntuforums.org/ as there are far more Ubuntu users there then on this forum.
The not using Ubuntu includes me so I can't help much on that problem. I'm using Gentoo Linux at the moment.
I have thought about trying Ubuntu though.

Posted 6 years ago

jack7h3r1pp3r
jack7h3r1pp3r

ya i just thought you might have some idea to what could be wrong tech wise not really software/os wise

and ubuntu is pretty nice but i haven't really tried gentoo i think i have the live cd for it but i have ubuntu installed

Posted 6 years ago

jd2066
jd2066

Based on that info it could be many different things. A Ubuntu specific problem, too small of a partition, error with hard drive or RAM, etc.
Without seeing the screen, it's hard to diagnose.
If you can list the exact error messages I maybe able to find out what they mean.

Posted 6 years ago

jack7h3r1pp3r
jack7h3r1pp3r

ok so what i know for sure is that the partion is not too small since it is 40gb and i think that they are new hard drives so that can possibly be ruled out ram that might be it. i will try to get the exact error message though

Posted 6 years ago

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.

Get Free Articles in Your Inbox!

Join 134,000 newsletter readers

Email:

Go check your email!