How-To Geek Forums / Linux

ubuntu 8.10 desktop cube how-to

(11 posts)
  • Started 5 years ago by jack7h3r1pp3r
  • Latest reply from jack7h3r1pp3r
  • Topic Viewed 5388 times

jack7h3r1pp3r
jack7h3r1pp3r

ok i have seen some other members having troubles with the cube not being able to have the top and bottom caps and you can do it and it is actually really easy too.

you will have to enable the desktop cube to start with and enable the rotation in compiz settings

now to set the top and bottom images you need to double click on the CUBE REFLECTION AND DEFORMATION in compiz settings and from there you can set the top and bottom images and you can also make your cube into a sphere :D or a cylinder hope this help you guys out that were having problems with it :)

Posted 5 years ago

0zSpitt
0zSpitt

got it. what else?

Posted 5 years ago

jack7h3r1pp3r
jack7h3r1pp3r

i dont know what else? what else do you want

Posted 5 years ago

0zSpitt
0zSpitt

when i tried to install mythbuntu it went through the install process then at the end asked me to type in my sudo (something) what was i posta type in?

Posted 5 years ago

jack7h3r1pp3r
jack7h3r1pp3r

did you set a pass word?? or there might be a pass that comes default with it you could try on their site to see what you are supposed to do ??

Posted 5 years ago

0zSpitt
0zSpitt

it wanted me to type it in before the complete set up/ install was completed. there wasn't any where to type anything in at. i could try to install it through synaptic manager. i'm positive i saw the set up in there. i'm going to have to read up a little bit.

Posted 5 years ago

jack7h3r1pp3r
jack7h3r1pp3r

hmm.. well i have never tried to set up mythbuntu before

Posted 5 years ago

0zSpitt
0zSpitt

me either until boredom set in. how about this, how do i get my buttons to be colored in emerald or will they always be gray?

Posted 5 years ago

jack7h3r1pp3r
jack7h3r1pp3r

hmm... i'm not really sure i haven't really used emerald i will look into it

Posted 5 years ago

fastbullet

am I mistaken, or did we stray from the compiz cube subject?

Posted 5 years ago

jack7h3r1pp3r
jack7h3r1pp3r

yes it did stray away from the compiz cube haha and you seem to be a bit late your self too haha

Posted 5 years ago

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.

Enter Your Email Here to Get Access for Free:

Go check your email!