The How-To Geek Forums Have Migrated to Discourse

How-To Geek Forums / Linux

ubuntu

(5 posts)
  • Started 1 year ago by Neal
  • Latest reply from presence1960
  • Topic Viewed 527 times

Neal

i have dual OS on my system.i installed ubuntu 12.10 after windows 7.now if i upgrade win 7 to win 8 then can i access ubuntu 12.10 or not?whts its solution?

Posted 1 year ago

Scott
Scott

Neal, with all due respect, six new threads in ten minutes is a violation of forum rules.
Please breath deep, exhale, and patiently await some replies.

Posted 1 year ago

whs
whs

There may be problems because of the incompatibility of the Grub and the UEFI bootmgr. Why don't you install Windows 8 in a virtual machine - e.g. VMware Player. Then you have all 3 operating systems. I did that and it works beautifully.

Posted 1 year ago

presence1960
presence1960

You will just have to set GRUB 2 to MBR after installing Windows because windows is going to set it's bootloader on MBR and you will only be able to boot windows until you set GRUB 2 back there.

If you have the dual boot set up already you will be fine whether you are booting from UEFI or BIOS. Just make sure you install Windows whichever way you are booting from now. If you need instructions on how to put GRUB 2 back on MBR hit me up.

Posted 1 year ago

presence1960
presence1960

here is a link for more info about installing Ubuntu https://help.ubuntu.com/community/UEFI

Posted 1 year ago

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.

Get Free Articles in Your Inbox!

Join 134,000 newsletter readers

Email:

Go check your email!