The How-To Geek Forums Have Migrated to Discourse

How-To Geek Forums / Linux

Ubuntu 7.04 monodevelop

(11 posts)
  • Started 7 years ago by Damjan
  • Latest reply from Damjan
  • Topic Viewed 2923 times

Damjan

Hi, i had installed monodevelop from i32-install package, but I'm having a lots of problems> When i open monodoc it crashes.
There no nodes in the methods and #region #endregion.
Then on the help tab, when i click on some topic, all mono is stacking.

But, what i need, is a help for installing monodevelop from debian packages, a need the order of the packages, can you help me?
I got all the packages, i think.
I have Linux Ubuntu 7.04 Feisty Fawn.
If you don't know how can it be done, please tell me instead for installation from source, please!

If you help me, it will great, else i will have to open all the packages in terminal and ask dpkg if that package is installed or not, and i have to aks for it's dependents. The packages are like 160 or something, imagine i did 20 packages by now, if you help i will install monodevelop in no time. Thanks from advance.

Posted 7 years ago

The Geek

The latest version in the repos is really old... you should install from source instead. Because you already have the repo version installed you probably have the libraries.

Just download, unzip, and then follow the instructions in the install file... it's just like installing anything else from source, there's no dpkg in the mix.

Posted 7 years ago

Damjan

In which order to compile the source files, and what packages like libc6 or similar to install in order to compile the sources?

Posted 7 years ago

The Geek

I'm going to try and install it myself, will report back

Posted 7 years ago

Damjan

Thanks

Posted 7 years ago

Damjan

And do you know how to make a script with following contents>

and know
dpkg -s mono-runtime
if above true then print "Good"
else dpkg install /path/file.deb

dpkg -s other_package
if above true then print "Good"
else dpkg install /path/file.deb
etc...

Now the problem is how to get from dpkg that some package is installed and the script to compare if true installed, to write something like ok or whatever, else to install the package.
I need this to make script for automatic installation of monodevelop of all packages, plus gtk-sharp. About a century i will complete it.

Posted 7 years ago

Damjan

Hey, The Geek did you found out how i can install mono-develop?

Posted 7 years ago

The Geek

I haven't had a change to install it yet... you should start off by trying to compile it.

Posted 7 years ago

Damjan

Ok, i will try this "dpkg -i *.deb",
on the folder where i have all mono and monodeveloper packages, or i think they are all the packages.
But for the source i have all the source code, but i look the archives, they are like hundreds of them, that is my problem, and i tried to compile it, but is says glib 2.0 and above, but i have glib 2.0.

Posted 7 years ago

The Geek

You might need to install the development libraries for many of the components.

Posted 7 years ago

Damjan

Can you tell me who they are, please!

Posted 7 years ago

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.