The How-To Geek Forums Have Migrated to Discourse

How-To Geek Forums / Windows 7

UAC for Local Drives in Windows 7

(5 posts)
  • Started 1 year ago by PronayHTG
  • Latest reply from PronayHTG
  • Topic Viewed 584 times

PronayHTG

How to configure the local drivers in Windows 7 so that any other user logging into my PC have to enter the Administrator Password for accessing the Drive.. Please help...I have seen many user to use the UAC for the accomplish the said configuration...So I want to use the UAC...HELP NEEDED :)

Posted 1 year ago

warlock
warlock

http://technet.microsoft.com/e.....y/cc709691(v=ws.10).aspx Possibly some help here.

Posted 1 year ago

PronayHTG

@warlock.....The link did helped me but the image under can make some sense

I want like this when i click to open local drives when i am in standard in windows 7...:(
Though here the UAC alert is for Mozilla Thunderbird...But i want for the local drives

Posted 1 year ago

Xhi
Xhi

Then it would seem that you would have to set the local drives to only be accessed by administrator group. I hope yoou are talking about local drives other than C: or none of the standard users would be able to log in. Modify the permissions on each drive you wish to limit.

Posted 1 year ago

PronayHTG

ya none of the standard users would be able to log in the local driver. But if they want to, they have to provide the admin user and password to get the access... can you please explain how to do the same....

Posted 1 year ago

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.

Enter Your Email Here to Get Access for Free:

Go check your email!