Two Way Sync Google Calendar with Outlook 2007

(9 posts)
  • Started 6 years ago by InDiSent
  • Latest reply from InDiSent
  • Topic Viewed 8200 times

InDiSent
InDiSent

Hey Guys,

I currently use T-Bird with Lightning. I have the ability to 2way sync my calendars. I.E. - when i make a calendar entry in Tbird it shows up in google calendar and when i make an entry in google calendar it shows up in Tbird. Can we get this done for Outlook 2007. I see there is a program called remote calendar out there that supposedly does this. However, it tells me to install outlook 2003. Thanks guys.

Posted 6 years ago

michael
michael

I will see if there is something on the Internet. But I am sure that Microsoft Windows Calender, in Windows Vista has this feature.

--
Mike

Posted 6 years ago

InDiSent
InDiSent

I found Oggsync and it seems to work exactly they way i want. It took alot of searching. Most people were touting remote calendar. However, i could not get it to work for outlook 2007. I am using office 2007 on windows XP.

Posted 6 years ago

michael
michael

Thanks for posting your solution. I am sure that someone will find it useful. =)

--
Mike

Posted 6 years ago

thegeek
The Geek

@InDiSent:

Thanks for the tip on OggSync, I hadn't see that one before, will have to check it out.

There's another outlook to gmail sync utility called SyncMyCal which I have used with decent luck, although their freeware version is a little limited.
http://www.syncmycal.com/compare_versions.htm

There's also gSyncit, which I have not tried: http://www.daveswebsite.com/software/gsync/

What was the problem you had with OggSync?

Posted 6 years ago

InDiSent
InDiSent

No problem with OggSync. It actually works exactly the way i want. I would recommend it to everyone. My problem was with remote calendar. It said that it was compatible with outlook 2k7, but i could never get it to install. It would tell me that i needed to have outlook 2k3. OggSync is definitely the way to go.

Posted 6 years ago

whoisvaibhav

SyncMyCal is really good. The problem that most of these tools face is the ever changing face of the Google Calendar API. Google updates its API very frequently, and the API does have a number of bugs.

It's the way each of these tools implements that API that can cause some people to face problems in certain situations.

The SyncMyCal team also offers excellent support and usually would ship out individual patches if you are facing problems (it does help if you have the paid version, but they also are very good at helping those with the free version)...

Cheers.

Posted 6 years ago

michael
michael

For me, I just use Windows Calender. It copies from one desktop, to my laptop and from my laptop to my PDA just fine. ^_^ But I suppose it is all down to preference.

--
Mike

Posted 6 years ago

InDiSent
InDiSent

OK, so i like the Oggsync and the Syncmycal looks good. However, i just realized that the free versions of these apps don't let you sync appointments/events further than 3-7 days in the future. I have Dr. appointments scheduled months in advance on my google calendar. If i was using my outlook calendar and looked at a date next month i might think that i didn't have anything planned. Is there a free app to 2way sync google calendar with outlook 2007 with no such limitations? Truthfully i would stick with Tbird if it wasn't for the BlackBerry.

Posted 6 years ago

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.

Get Free Articles in Your Inbox!

Join 134,000 newsletter readers

Email:

Go check your email!