TUTORIAL: Post an image on ImageShack

(10 posts)
  • Started 5 years ago by milnerw
  • Latest reply from JimmieC
  • Topic Viewed 8935 times

milnerw
milnerw

from Waylon Milner on Vimeo.

Here I will show you a quick and easy way to upload an image to imageshack.us. After your file has been uploaded, you can then post it on the website/forum of your choice.

Posted 5 years ago

whs
whs

milnerw, is this what you are trying to accomplish - just imageshack in lieu of photobucket? And how did you manage to embed the video?

1. Create your account at http://photobucket.com/ - real easy
2. Use the folder with your name on it or create a subfolder (recommended). You do that on the left side where it says "New Album" > Save
3.Go to "Upload Images and Videos", somewhere in the middle. Now click on "Choose Files". This will most likely bring up your "Pictures" folder (but you can select another folder). Double click on the file you want to upload. After a few seconds you will see it. Now single click on your picture. On top of the picture you will see “Resize”. The best size to pick is 640X480.
4. If you want to post this picture directly on the Forum, click on IMG Code (last link), then right click on that and COPY. If you only want to post the link to the picture, click on Direct link, then right click and COPY. Then you got it in your clipboard (from where you Paste).
5. Now you can paste this into your posting. If you chose IMG, the picture will only show up AFTER you posted. In the posting you will only see the link. If you chose "Direct link", it will just be a link.

Posted 5 years ago

milnerw
milnerw

Yes, exactly. I talked it over with Scott. We decided to use imageshack because the do not require you to create an account to upload a file. You should repost your instructions as a tutorial for PB though.

currently only Admin/Moderators can embed video. Just post your embed code and a admin/moderator will embed it for you after they review the video.

Posted 5 years ago

whs
whs

It is nice of our mods to take on even more work - how much can the poor guys do? But I actually prefer an opener with a nicely designed PP or Word page like this or that (which happens to be a PDF). I think it gives a better introduction.
And btw, every time I have touched ImageShack I had a problem. That's why I prefer PB.

Posted 5 years ago

milnerw
milnerw

what kind of problem? I just used it for the first time last night with no problem.

Posted 5 years ago

whs
whs

I don't quite remember. I think it was with the registration.

Posted 5 years ago

milnerw
milnerw

If it was, they have fixed that now. You actually do not have to register to host an image anymore.

Posted 5 years ago

Odeho19
Odeho19

just practicing, no need to respond, thought I'd use milnerw's test site, too

this one was 320x240, medium

Posted 5 years ago

Odeho19
Odeho19

And this is the same screen capture on PB, except this one is 640x480, large

Posted 5 years ago

JimmieC

Posted 3 years ago

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.

Get Free Articles in Your Inbox!

Join 134,000 newsletter readers

Email:

Go check your email!