• Latest reply from mickeyblue
  • Topic Viewed 16368 times

whs
whs

And here is the Photobucket URL for direct link: http://photobucket.com/

Posted 5 years ago

algotechie
algotechie

Thanks for the nice and useful info. One question: Suppose I've already uploaded a pic on another site and I have its (the pic's) URL. Can I use that URL or will I have to first upload it to Photobucket first? Thanks for the clarification.

Posted 4 years ago

SarahJames
SarahJames

You can use that url, you're not obliged to use Photobucket:)

Posted 4 years ago

algotechie
algotechie

Oh! Thanks for the clarification SarahJames. From a thread started by another member, I made out that the only site allowed was Photobucket. Actually, the tutorial above would have been a bit better had it said that Photobucket is being used only as an example. But now that can be inferred from the present discussion.

Posted 4 years ago

LH
LH

Just to add. You can use that URL, as long as it gives embed abilities. And some of them are a pain for the moderators to sort out.

Posted 4 years ago

whs
whs

algotechie, had you looked thru the tutorials, you would have found this one: http://www.howtogeek.com/forum.....?replies=9

Posted 4 years ago

algotechie
algotechie

The only important thing is: Get a URL to the image no matter from where, and use it to post the images. That's it! A tutorial is not even required for posting images on HTG pages.

As for Photobucket or Imageshak or whatever other site, the corresponding tutorials should have better been with the titles like "How to upload a picture on <name of the site>". Or they could have been merged under one thread with title "How to upload photos to certain websites". (The tutorial you mentioned is doing exactly what it claims to do. Frankly, your very first post in that tutorial seemed irrelevant to me. Sorry for that.)

Posted 4 years ago

whs
whs

algotechie, I am glad we have a smart person like you around now that will fix all those errors of us oldtimers. Up to now those little tutorials were very helpful for a lot of people. But now that the smart ones are here, we may not need those any more.

Posted 4 years ago

algotechie
algotechie

LOLz of course you're kidding. Sorry if I hurt you. I'll control myself more ahead, you'll see.

Posted 4 years ago

whs
whs

algotechie, you can probably imagine that after 10.263 posts I have a halfway good idea of the kind of people that seek our help. Although not all are beginners, there are many that need simple, straight forward instructions to accomplish a task. It is for those that we put out some of the simple tutorials - just to get them going.
As a member of a Florida computer club with 650 members - mostly nice little old ladies - I have seen many occasions where those people are wrestling with the most simple tasks. But those are the ones that need our help the most. And here at HTG it is the same. You have to be able to accomodate everybody.

Posted 4 years ago

algotechie
algotechie

Got it, whs.

Posted 4 years ago

mickeyblue
mickeyblue

your rather irritating algotechie, get off the subject of "uploading photos" we all deal with it and don't find it tedious or annoying, just your incessant bashing of this subject.
if im out of line MODS then im sorry but seriously, enough about the photo uploading already.

Posted 4 years ago

algotechie
algotechie

Hi mickeyblue

Apologies for being irritating to you. I didn't mean to offend you. I didn't know you're already fed up with that topic. Sorry. I won't post on image uploading again. Hope that should make you happy.

Best Regards...

Posted 4 years ago

techgranny
techgranny

:) Thank you Mickey

Posted 4 years ago

mickeyblue
mickeyblue

im not offended but i just think people shouldnt carry on about this subject, this is a great site and its free, asking someone to spend money to better things is TOO much. thanks for the reply. all good :)

Posted 4 years ago

algotechie
algotechie

It's a privilidge to have you accepted my humble apologies and then replied to them. You're far more experienced and active in the forum than me, as the number of posts shows. Thank you very much to take some of your time to respond. Your opinions are very important and must be followed by all so the members could benefit from them. It'll be a pleasure to know more of your opinions and follow them. So please continue to guide us like this whenever you find chance. Thanks again.

Posted 4 years ago

SarahJames
SarahJames

Algotechie - enough with the ironic and insincere remarks. Keep this up and you'll be blocked. You're warned.

Posted 4 years ago

algotechie
algotechie

I mean what I said. I've changed myself after I learned from whs. Please do not take me wrong. Thanks for your u'standing.

Posted 4 years ago

ProstheticHead
ProstheticHead

Wow, who would've thought this would turn into a sore subject...

@WHS, thanks for taking the time to post this. I found the resize part useful. (All my images until now have appeared huge)

@algotechie, I don't know if you're genuine or (dare I say) a Troll but you do come across as inflammatory in some of your posts, whether intentional or not. Please be nice! This is a great forum, lets keep it that way.

Posted 4 years ago

algotechie
algotechie

Hi ProsheticHead

If you have any reason to doubt me, please say it frank. And I'd like if you point out my posts that didn't seem quite good to you. Please post those links so I can check where I'm being interpreted wrongly. As an aside, I've found your answers to be the most up to the mark. You realize the situation fully before answering and don't ask for unnecessary details. I thought you'll see to another side here. Someone actually called me bad here and received thanks for that. I praised someone and somehow everyone believes I'm on wrong. Well, until I tell that, it might be anybody's guess. But now that I had already told you (see my previous post), why don't you believe me? I expected something fairer at least from you.

Never mind. I repeat. I really meant the praise when I did it, since I thought that might be a better way instead of telling that poster that I was not talking to that poster and didn't need that poster's opinions since I also have my own. Yes that would have been more logical and probably you expect that. (That's why you're surprised and don't believe me now.) But what would be the final result? Certainly not something productive. So I changed my approach per whs' advice.

Please provide me the instances where you think I've posted something not absolutely per your liking and be frank. Thanks.

Posted 4 years ago

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.

Enter Your Email Here to Get Access for Free:

Go check your email!