Trusteer Rapport Demos

(8 posts)
  • Started 3 years ago by StringJunky
  • Latest reply from StringJunky
  • Topic Viewed 3322 times

vistual
vistual

Thanks for that StringJunky!
thats the 2nd time i see this mentioned - both times by you i believe!
looking forward to checking it out.

Posted 3 years ago

StringJunky
StringJunky

Hi Vistual,

Once you've seen them you'll realise it ought to be an essential addition (or the like) of any antimalware setup...AV's and the like don't cover for these kinds of intrusions.

Tony

Posted 3 years ago

Drizzle
Drizzle

@Tony and if I recall correctly,you originally wondered about this one,(Granny not always so daft,used it almost from day one, release)...LOL!!!!

Good you keep reminding, a truly important bit of kit, helping everyone in the fight against those nasties out there....
Kate

Posted 3 years ago

StringJunky
StringJunky

Hi Kate

Yes, I don't wonder about it any more...it's a permanent part of my security now. Those videos I linked to really hit home what keylogging, screenlogging and password fishing is really about and what they do...spyware is the pits. Fake AV's are just annoyances and inconveniences compared to this stuff...they're direct attempts at theft and also an invasion of privacy.

Tony

Posted 3 years ago

ICYTAZ
ICYTAZ

I used to use Rapport as it came free with my bank as an option download, its just that it canes all you memory to run so unless you have a real powerful system it'll eat up memory?

Posted 3 years ago

vistamike
vistamike

ICYTAZ, Rapport does not zap your memory at all. The way in the UK now is that if you bank online, this is the only way you will be able to logon to your account. We have 2 accounts and both only work with having Rapport, together with the normal login process. I feel safer

Mike

Posted 3 years ago

StringJunky
StringJunky

ICYTAZ

I just checked running processes in Task Manager on my 2ghz Celeron, 2GB RAM, W7 64bit laptop (hardly high performance) and in 'running processes' in Task Manager, Rapport when not protecting a website, it is using about 25mb and when it is it's only using 32mb of RAM. CPU usage with Chrome browser on is between 5-10% and 50% of the RAM is still available.

You must have had something else going on at the same time that was killing your RAM.

Tony

Posted 3 years ago

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.