The How-To Geek Forums Have Migrated to Discourse

How-To Geek Forums / Geek Stuff

trouble with yahoo mail

(7 posts)
  • Started 6 years ago by slazz555
  • Latest reply from slazz555
  • Topic Viewed 629 times

slazz555

I have a new computer with Windows Vista and on Monday Nov 17 I went in to my email and was stuck in a loop. It just kept opening more pagesof the same thing. I was in there on Sunday night and it was fine. Could you please tell me if it has something to do with Vista? I can get in ok on my other computer with XP. How do I fix this problem on the new computer ? I need to work on my XP it needs more RAM plus this one is mainly for work.

Posted 6 years ago

JadeEmperor

tried restarting your new PC?

i remember last time our family doctor called for something like this and when i came to his clinic the phone directory was resting on the ENTER key! LOL!

of course i'm not saying that this might be the case with you but doesn't hurt to check.

Posted 6 years ago

slazz555

I reset it several times on Monday because that was the only way I was able to stop the loop. So I shut it off each time I got caught up in the loop. Any other suggestions?????

Posted 6 years ago

JadeEmperor

Have you got any antivirus/spyware in that new PC?

What exactly are you opening to get your mail?

Posted 6 years ago

slazz555

I have Norton 360 on and I went in thru Yahoo home page then logged into mail.

Posted 6 years ago

JadeEmperor

I'm not familiar with Norton 360. I'd try accessing Yahoo mail without Norton 360 or any other security tools that could cause the problem and bring them back one at a time to see which would cause the loop.

Posted 6 years ago

slazz555

I have had this computer for about a month and Norton 360 has been installed since I got it. I installed it right after I got the computer. And this just happened Monday of this week. I am really confused because usually I can figure things like this out, but this time is different.

Posted 6 years ago

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.