The How-To Geek Forums Have Migrated to Discourse

How-To Geek Forums / Windows 7

(Solved) - Trouble Viewing Images

(6 posts)
  • Started 4 years ago by kirbiee
  • Latest reply from kirbiee
  • Topic Viewed 473 times

kirbiee

Can anyone tell me how I can fix this problem?? I can not see images in Windows 7....even with jpeg's. I even downloaded the PSP Handler program to no avail....I know I saw them at one time,LOL now all I have is the X3 icon where images should be. I am attaching a screen shot of what I mean.

I'd sure appreciate any help anyone can give me :)

TIA..........Kirbiee

screen shot

Posted 4 years ago

GKI610
GKI610

Do you mean you saw thumbnails of your images within that folder? Perhaps the 'view' needs to be changed. If you click on that symbol in the top header that is a white rectangle w/blue border & colored things within, that will give you choices of view, one of which should be "thumbnails", unless I'm mistaken. I think what you're seeing is 'icons only'.

Posted 4 years ago

kirbiee

No....you can click which size icons to view.....but I used to see the images and adjust them, small, medium, large......as I wanted to view them, but now all I have is the Paint Shop Pro Icons, when viewing jpeg images.

Posted 4 years ago

PUPPYDOG
PUPPYDOG

Are they associated with psp? What happens if you restore it to the default windows
Photo viewer?

Posted 4 years ago

LH
LH

Go here,
C:\Users\username\AppData\Local\IconCache.db
delete that IconCache file, and reboot.
Does that help ?

Posted 4 years ago

kirbiee

You know what it was??? Under Folder Options/View.............I had "always show icons, never thumbnails" clicked.........that solved it :)

Accepted Answer · Posted 4 years ago

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.

Get Free Articles in Your Inbox!

Join 134,000 newsletter readers

Email:

Go check your email!