How-To Geek Forums / Windows 7

(Solved) - Trouble looging into W7 from Vista

(10 posts)
  • Started 5 years ago by whs
  • Latest reply from whs
  • Topic Viewed 1087 times

whs
whs

I am trying to log into my W7 (which is in a virtual partition) from my Vista. I am using my normal user name (tried a few) and the password I defined in the W7 Homegroup. But all I keep getting is the message below. Any idea what it might be looking for? (WHS-PC is my Vista system and WHS01-PC is my W7)

Posted 5 years ago

LH
LH

Why did you set a password in the first place ? It's a VM! :)

Posted 5 years ago

whs
whs

I don't know, it asked for one. Let me try to remove it and see what happens.

Posted 5 years ago

whs
whs

It worked. Thanks. It kept insisting on a password. But then I removed the protection in "Advanced" and that did the trick.

Posted 5 years ago

LH
LH

Oh good :)

Posted 5 years ago

whs
whs

Sometimes one misses the most simple solutions - LOL. I have to say though, I am not a sharing expert. Up to now, I have only shared printers.

Posted 5 years ago

tonyespo

What did you use to take that screen shot and put it in your post? I need a program like that.
Thanks,
Tony

Posted 5 years ago

whs
whs

I use FastStoneCapture for the screenshots. Also the Vista Snipping Tool. But with FSC you can make annotations and it is my default screeshot program. From this site you can get the last free version, For the most recent version they charge $20 (for lifetime license).

Posted 5 years ago

tonyespo

Thanks, I downloaded it and I made a screen shot that works. Now I just need to learn how to include a screen shot in my post on HowtoGeek.

Great website you sent me to... I love HowtoGeek. I have learned so much here and I'm glad I found this site.

Posted 5 years ago

whs
whs

Well that is easy. Just follow this procedure that I wrote up for OPs like you.

1. Create your account at http://photobucket.com/ - real easy
2. Use the folder with your name on it or create a subfolder (recommended). You do that on the left side where it says "New Album" > Save
3.Go to "Upload Images and Videos", somewhere in the middle. Now click on "Choose Files". This will most likely bring up your "Pictures" folder (but you can select another folder). Double click on the file you want to upload. After a few seconds you will see it. Now single click on your picture. On top of the picture you will see “Resize”. The best size to pick is 640X480.
4. If you want to post this picture directly on the Forum, click on IMG Code (last link), then right click on that and COPY. If you only want to post the link to the picture, click on Direct link, then right click and COPY. Then you got it in your clipboard (from where you Paste).
5. Now you can paste this into your posting. If you chose IMG, the picture will only show up AFTER you posted. In the posting you will only see the link. If you chose "Direct link", it will just be a link.

Posted 5 years ago

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.

Get Free Articles in Your Inbox!

Join 134,000 newsletter readers

Email:

Go check your email!