SEARCH

The How-To Geek Forums Have Migrated to Discourse

How-To Geek Forums / Windows 7

(Solved) - Trojan horse Parched_c.MIS Object name: c:\Windows\System32\services.exe

(8 posts)
  • Started 1 year ago by AnnaQuezada
  • Latest reply from AnnaQuezada
  • Topic Viewed 1392 times

AnnaQuezada

All of a sudden a couple of weeks ago I was infected with this virus & I didn't know until recently when I would click on a website it would redirect me to some ad or a completely different web page . I was told to download Avg so I did which was pointless because all it did was tell me about all the viruses I had & delete them but once I ran it again they got "erased" again . Avg didn't erase my main virus all it said was object name: c:\Windows\System32\services.exe . & it said threat cannot be removed the infected system file cannot be cleaned because the original file was deleted and replaced by a malware file . Please follow these instructions to manually restore the original system file & remove the threat . I did all it said Whixh was to restore and download a cd , didn't work . I have Malwarebytes Anti-Malware so I ran that Whixh keeper saying it qurantied it but it still didn't go away the virus was still there . Next day I tried to run the Anti-Malware again & it didn't work it wpuld say things like D:\Helpthiscomp\mbam.exe the specified path does not exist . Check the path , & then try again . wouldn't even let me open it or restore my computer or anything at all . The problem is only getting worse . Please help .

Posted 1 year ago

raphoenix
raphoenix

The machine needs to be Clean Installed from the Media Partition OR Clean Installed from a Full Installation DVD.

Best to seek local help if you have never done this before or don't understand what I mean.

Rick P.

Accepted Answer · Posted 1 year ago

warlock
warlock

http://support.kaspersky.com/5350 Rick is correct and it will probably come to that but see if you can run this. At this point can't hurt.

Posted 1 year ago

AnnaQuezada

Thank you guys so much . I will try running that if that doesn't work then I'll try to get someone
out to take a look at it . God Bless .

Posted 1 year ago

warlock
warlock

AnnaQuezada, Let us know how you make out.

Posted 1 year ago

AnnaQuezada

Will do .

Posted 1 year ago

Ruja

I would try to run a System Restore from the "System Recovery Options" screen. Follow this tutorial to get that screen:
http://www.howtogeek.com/forum.....?replies=1

There, at the point where you open the Command Prompt, you can try to run a System Restore. Make sure you download an appropriate Windows 7 version (32-bit or 64-bit, the same you already have).

But as others say, probably it is much better to reinstall Windows 7 from your recovery partition or from a DVD with one of those official ISO mentioned in that tutorial.

Posted 1 year ago

AnnaQuezada

Thank you .

Posted 1 year ago

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.