The How-To Geek Forums Have Migrated to Discourse

How-To Geek Forums / Windows Vista

Trifling around with cursors

(17 posts)
  • Started 6 years ago by SarahJames
  • Latest reply from Budohorseman
  • Topic Viewed 3663 times

SarahJames

I stumbled across this free cursor editor, so I thought after all the fun we had with editing icons I might as well post it:)

Haven't used it yet, but it looks good.

Cheers,
Sarah.

Posted 6 years ago

SarahJames

LOL - I used this advice to get the links in
http://www.howtogeek.com/forum.....replies=30
but I don't feel this comes across very clearly, so here's the link for the cursoreditor in full:
http://www.rw-designer.com/cursor-maker

Posted 6 years ago

Lighthouse

The site looks interesting. Thankyou Sarah :)

Posted 6 years ago

whs

What is the practical value of that. I don't get it. Does that provide function that one needs?

Posted 6 years ago

Aleeve

looks quite cool but i haven't really got the time!!

Posted 6 years ago

billbonza

Thanks for the link. The more the better-maybe off topic next time.

Posted 6 years ago

jd2066

@whs: You can use it to create cursors you can use via Control Panel -> Mouse -> Pointers tab.

Posted 6 years ago

whs

Thanks jd, that far I was with you. But what is the practical advantage over the "normal" pointers. They just look different but do not have any additional function - or am I missing something. It's just toying around, isn't it?

Posted 6 years ago

jd2066

Yup, just like visual themes, custom sound effects, custom icons and others there isn't any real practical use for changing cursors.

Posted 6 years ago

whs

I guess there are infinite ways meesing up your system. I like to keep it simple - unless there is a function I need.

Posted 6 years ago

PalmTrees

@SarahJames- Thanks for the link :) I think I'll try it out.
Heres the latest on the icons (Black Glass) ;)

Posted 6 years ago

SarahJames

Hi Guys, I see this started a whole discussion here:)
Whs, I'm not so much into changing the cursors (I like the Vista default for a change), but I just liked having the possibility to change them.

Cool icons, PalmTrees! I remade the documentsfolder icon (updated the png in the other post), because I made them in a hurry, but I'm done for the moment:)

Posted 6 years ago

whs

Sarah, it's perfecly alright to tinker with things - if you have the time. I am always for the practical side of it. With every tinkering there is a risk. I always weigh the risks against the benefits. And the looks of things do not matter for me, as long as things work.

Posted 6 years ago

SarahJames

@ whs - To me things need to work (what use has a PC otherwise? LOL), but the looks of things are important too.
It is far easier to work in a pleasing environment. People come to greater achievements if they feel good and if the eye is pleased the mind get's stimulated, making you feel better.

And I don't have the time to tinker with things, but I make the time (and for more than just tinkering on the PC, even at the cost of sleep - heck, we can sleep long enough when we're dead. LOL)

And concerning taking risks - life would be pretty boring without them!!

Posted 6 years ago

whs

Sarah, it would be terrible if we were all the same. You are a "Schöngeist" and I am an engineer. We just happen to have a different perspective.

Posted 6 years ago

SarahJames

Hi Whs - nothing wrong with that!

Posted 6 years ago

Budohorseman

So now we have it, Sarah is into the eye-candy and whs is more into the personality.

Posted 6 years ago

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.