The How-To Geek Forums Have Migrated to Discourse

How-To Geek Forums / Tutorials

Transferring from Nook for PC to Nook

(9 posts)
  • Started 2 years ago by marilyn1876
  • Latest reply from Xhi
  • Topic Viewed 5431 times

marilyn1876

How can I transfer my Nook ebooks from my NOOK FOR PC to my NOOK DEVICE? Is that even an option? Can't find any information about this at all.

Posted 2 years ago

vistamike

An article here may help; http://www.howtogeek.com/howto.....e-devices/

Mike

Posted 2 years ago

marilyn1876

Hi Mike,

Before I sent the question I read the page you referred me to. I just read it again and I do not see the answer to my problem anywhere on the page. I also emailed B&N Help but from previous experience I don't expect an answer, at least not a satisfactory one.

Almost always, when I purchase an ebook it won't go to Digital Editions. It says 'author unkown' or some other excuse. It's probably a DRM problem. When, in the rare instance, it does appear in DE there is no problem transferring to the Nook. This is why I want to transfer from Nook for PC to the Nook device if at all possible.

Posted 2 years ago

Xhi

Don't the places you get the books from, like B&N keep a record of your purchases and allow you to download it again on the other device?

Posted 2 years ago

marilyn1876

Yes...every book is listed in "My Library" and they all go automatically to the Nook for PC. All I have to do is click on the broken circle on top of the page and the book appears instantly. But, again, it doesn't have any instructions for getting the books on Nook for PC app to the Nook device. Am I not making it clear to you? I don't how else to explain the problem.

Posted 2 years ago

marilyn1876

P.S. The purchases can be downloaded many times but it doesn't give you the option of where you want it to be.

Posted 2 years ago

Xhi

I'm not familiar with the nook, but just giving some WAGs. But, cant you connect via the nook using the same ID and password and thus have access to the same library?

Posted 2 years ago

marilyn1876

Not really....all downloads are supposed to go to Digital Editions, but, like I said before, DE doesn't accept all downloads. If it wasn't for Nook for PC I wouldn't be able to read most of my ebooks. And that's fine but I like to take my Nook in my purse.

Posted 2 years ago

Xhi

OK. I hope someone on here can help better than I.

Posted 2 years ago

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.