The How-To Geek Forums Have Migrated to Discourse

How-To Geek Forums / Windows 7

transfer photos and videos from camera/iphone/ipad to pc

(4 posts)
  • Started 1 year ago by krivokal
  • Latest reply from ispalten
  • Topic Viewed 714 times

krivokal

does anyone knows a good program to transfer photos from cameras, iphones, ipads to pc (running windows 7)?

i need something that let's you preview photos, select what you want to transfer, and lets you name photos or videos in bulk (hopefully has option to apend date to selected name). i used Nikon Transfer to do this, and it worked brilliantly on windows xp, but on windows 7 it doesn't recognize anything other then cameras.

inbuilt windows tool is painful as it only lets you do one image at the time, and it is very limited in name options.

any suggestion?
thanks

Posted 1 year ago

bubbatie1
bubbatie1

Honestly i've never use a program for camera's or phones................ just hooked into a usb port on computer then opened up my computer searched around for a file called dcim ,opened that up ,clicked & dragged photo's from there to desktop. but if indeed youre looking for a program im sure a senior member may have some knowledge on this. i too was looking for a program to get the pics/video's from wifes droid ,got disgusted because everyone wanted money or diddnt do what it claimed. So out of frustration i figured this method out !

Posted 1 year ago

BrendaMiller

When you plug in your iPhone, your computer should automaticaly detect it as a digital camera. Open My Computer and it should be listed there as [Your name]'s iPhone. Simply double-click to open it and all photos and/or videos captured with the iPhone should be there and able to be copied/backed up. iTunes itself cannot handle importing of photo/video from your iPhone.

Posted 1 year ago

ispalten
ispalten

Same with the iPad... but if you have many files, they will be spread over many folders.

I can use Windows Explorer to copy files to my desktop, but some file managers I've used seem to fail and not do that when I try to use them (Explorer++ for instance, others might work).

There is a program, DISKAID, that will do what you want though and more.

Irv S.

Posted 1 year ago

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.

Get Free Articles in Your Inbox!

Join 134,000 newsletter readers

Email:

Go check your email!