The How-To Geek Forums Have Migrated to Discourse

How-To Geek Forums / Windows 7

Toshiba Touchpad Not Clickin

(5 posts)
  • Started 1 year ago by kmorrison83
  • Latest reply from Xhi
  • Topic Viewed 341 times

kmorrison83

My Toshiba Elan touch pad will move the mouse around but will not click anywhere. It won't let me click with the buttons either. Please help.

Posted 1 year ago

kmorrison83

I have tried the fn-f9 thing and i have also tried uninstalling and reinstalling.

Posted 1 year ago

Fhirkin9

SO you reinstalled Windows and it still won't work? If you mean you reinstalled the touchpad drivers, Get hold of a USB mouse so you can get into the control panel/device manager. It might show a problem, but you may have a hardware outage or a loose connection under the touchpad. This is a longshot, but click and hold both buttons for a few seconds, I remember this used to work in Windows XP when something got messed up on a touchpad.

This link has a few ideas you can try as well.

Elaborate Elan snafus

Posted 1 year ago

kmorrison83

I havent tried reinstalling windows just the driver. Its windows 7. If it was a hardware issue why would it let me move the mouse around but not click??? With the buttons or the touchpad....

Posted 1 year ago

Xhi

Have you tried an external mouse. If that works then it must be hardware related. If it does not work then it must be software related. You could also try "Mouse keys" under Ease of Access.

Posted 1 year ago

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.