SEARCH

The How-To Geek Forums Have Migrated to Discourse

How-To Geek Forums / Windows 7

(Solved) - Toshiba Satellite L335D-S7901 Can't access BIOS it freezes on LOGO after trying

(7 posts)
  • Started 1 year ago by jflo773
  • Latest reply from jflo773
  • Topic Viewed 2637 times

jflo773

Okay so a friend of mine has this issue and I'm fixing it for him. The laptop kept getting Blue Screens of Death every 5 minutes or so I came to a conclusion after having this problem before and checking with the Blue Screen Viewer it was a RootKit virus that had corrupted some files I removed it using TDSKiller and it worked it stopped the blue screen. I installed Malwarebytes used CCLeaner cleaned registry and you know the trash.. I then restarted when I restarted the computer will boot up fine until It got to the windows logo then it had a black screen with the mouse pointer. I then check for Start Up Repair and it recommended I do a System Restore so I did since everything else wouldn't work, It booted right up I then installed the above and it did it again. So I got frustrated and decided to do a System Factory Reset.. to find out the virus had deleted that part of the hard drive so I grabbed a Windows 7 cd and tried booting it from start up to find out that when I hit F2 or F12 to access the bios or boot order it would just freeze the Toshiba Logo until I shut it down and restart it again but it kept doing the same So I did the SYSTEM RESTORE one more time and decided to run the Windows 7 cd from there and install it on top of the old Windows 7 and later remove it.. I tried and Failed the setup froze and I shut down when I restarted I was stuck in a loop with no more Windows 7 just a setup that kept giving errors asking to restart so it can continue setup.. Now I can't access bios to set the boot order and do a fresh install.. What can I do to fix this problem? I ran out of IDEAS.. How Do I flash BIOS on this particular model I think this is my only option left.!! THANKS whoever gives me some ideas on how to fix this problem!

Posted 1 year ago

GuiltySpark
GuiltySpark

Hi jflo773 ,

Turn off the laptop, unplug it, take out the battery and hold the power button down for 45 - 60 secs then leave laptop to cool down for 10 mins. Plug laptop into the mains (minus the battery) and see if you can access the BIOS.

Posted 1 year ago

jflo773

Hi GuiltySpark,

I tried your suggestion and still can't access the bios, As soon as I press F2 or F12 the Toshiba Logo just stays there frozen and doesn't advance at all so I manually shut it off. Any other ideas? Thanks in Advance.

Posted 1 year ago

G41M

You need to press the F12 or F2 key several times just after you press the power button. This is a fast-booting laptop so you need to be fast enough in pressing the F12 or F2 key to select the boot option or enter the BIOS setup.

Posted 1 year ago

jflo773

Hey G41M, Believe me I know I've done this a few times now and I still get no where but a Toshiba Logo and a dead bios that doesn't want to boot for some reason! I've done this on other laptops, PC's but never had this problem before. Is the motherboard dying?

Posted 1 year ago

jflo773

I think this is Motherboard or CPU related.. I had another Toshiba almost the same Model and I put the HardDrive of the bad install I had previously attempted and installed Windows 7 Sucessfully. I then reinserted the Hard Drive into it's original laptop (the one with the messed up Bios) and it seemed like it was starting with the Windows Logo showing then all of a sudden a BLUE SCREEN OF DEATH soo fast it didn't give a chance to look at the error and it restarted I installed VISTA and it did the same thing SO i know the HardDrive is good the RAM sticks are good I checked those to. Only real explanation will be the CPU or just something else on the Motherboard ! SOMEONE HELP!

Posted 1 year ago

jflo773

So I figured it out lol The Bios is definitely corrupted but I read and read online and I found an easy solution hold down the "C" key and it automatically boots from CD DVD DRIVE! then I was able to install Windows 7 correctly! POW! Although Toshiba Logo still freezes when I try the F2 and F12 keys even ESC key! I'm glad the C key worked for me! Hope this helps someone else.. Oh and the reason for blue screen was obviously a bad driver that installed when installing the OS on the Hard Drive in another Model of Toshiba it set up the wrong drivers thus giving me errors when put into it's original laptop.. I was thinking of Updating the Bios once I get all the Windows Updates installed but Scratch that I don't want to completely damage the Bios and get stuck with no BIOS and no way of booting this Laptop at least now it Boots into Windows and runs great.

Accepted Answer · Posted 1 year ago

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.

Get Free Articles in Your Inbox!

Join 134,000 newsletter readers

Email:

Go check your email!